About the job
Along with your resume please submit a cover letter listing your thoughts on the unique challenges of today's youth culture and how youth ministry needs to adapt to meet those challenges.
Job Title: STUDENT MINISTRIES DIRECTOR
Reports To: PASTORAL STAFF
Status: Part- Time (20 hrs/wk)
Salary: 25K annual
NorthPark Mission Statement
Making disciples like Jesus
Church Core Values to be implemented into Student Ministries:
Growing the Gospel
Doing Life Together
Sharing the Gospel
Loving our City
1. Gospel-centered 4. Doing life together
2. Growing in the gospel 5. Sharing the gospel
3. Serving others 6. Loving our city
Student Ministries Mission Statement
Develop disciples of Jesus by building Build a Youth Program Ministry that introduces students to Christ and disciples them in spiritual growth, training them to serve Christ with their life while recognizing and addressing the current culture and needs of today’s youth as well as anticipating the needs of youth as the culture changes.
1. Pursues kids / Goes to them / Seeks them out / Does not wait for kids to show up to events, or church, or small groups.
2. Develops healthy, nurturing, discipling relationships with all kids in the youth ministry.
3. Research ways to programs aimed at developing the faith of today’s youth with awareness of:
o Impact of social media
o Impact of secular culture, beliefs, and pressures
o Impact of mental health/addiction issues among youth
4. Build Fosters and implement and builds relationships / program environments / programs / events / opportunities that are honest, non-judgmental, and biblical sound in which youth feel comfortable discussing and wrestling with issues impacting their lives and can learn to deal with those issues in biblically healthy ways leading to youth that are mature and sound in faith and practice.
5. Recruit and train leaders.
o Identify training programs that will equip leaders who to help youth build a personal and authentic Christian faith with full awareness of the current culture and unique challenges they are immersed in..
6. Partner with and equip parents in raising kids who love and follow Jesus.
7. Identify referral programs to help families facing challenges that are beyond our capabilities.
1. Has demonstrated a passion for, and ability to connect with, youth in a sincere and non-judgmental way.
2. Ability to prepare and teach messages to kids in group settings.
3. Minimum three years of experience working in youth ministries.
4. Interpersonal communication skills, both verbally and in writing, with a diverse range of people including the proper handling of emotional situations.
5. Ability to be flexible & teachable.
6. Trustworthy with confidential material.
7. Willingness to continue education & training in management, and areas of personal & professional growth.
8. Must submit to a background check.