About the job
The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Coordinator implements diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives at NEVHC designed to cultivate a supportive and inclusive work environment for all NEVHC employees. The DEI Coordinator helps draft policies, procedures, and hiring practices that are both fair and support a diverse workforce. The DEI Coordinator provides education to staff on diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice and mentors and coaches managers on improving skills in addressing issues of racism and inequality.
1. Implement Justice, Equity, Diversity, Inclusion (JEDI) initiatives, including grant deliverables.
2. Work with DEI consultant to deliver identified scope of work.
3. Provide staff support to the JEDI Committee
4. Implement periodic surveys or other tools to assess employee perception of JEDI at NEVHC.
5. Provide updates to the CEO, Leadership and Board of Directors on JEDI issues
6. Provide training in DEI 101 to the workforce
7. Schedule JEDI trainings for both supervisory and hourly employees.
8. Serve as a CARE trainer which is NEVHC’s core patient satisfaction training required for all employees.
9. Collaborate with Grants and Contracts to secure funding to support JEDI initiatives
10. Develop annual JEDI Operating Plan and incorporate priorities into the NEVHC Annual Operating Plan. 11. Stay abreast of legislative and regulatory changes in this area and advise HR leadership on issues and compliance concerns.
12. Draft Policies or revisions to Policies for approval by the Executive Staff and Board as recommended by the JEDI Committee or as needed for compliance.
13. Work closely with Director of HR and Employee Relations & Engagement Manager to identify and manage needed changes.
14. Work with Public Relations and Marketing Department on external messaging about DEI.
15. Work with key NEVHC directors, administrators, and managers to implement JEDI initiatives and manage change.
16. Mentor individuals who may be having challenges in communicating or who feel they are experiencing discrimination.
17. Create and manage JEDI “hotline” to field and respond to complaints, concerns, and questions from NEVHC employees related to JEDI.
18. Attend HR Committee, Employee Reward and Recognition Committee and other
NEVHC internal committees
19. Handles all confidential personnel issues in a confidential manner, refraining from discussing personnel information/issues with current and former employees and public.
NEVHC has implemented detailed Infection Prevention protocols in light of the COVID-19 pandemic to protect employees, including: Social distancing measures, offering PPE to employees, free COVID-19 testing for employees, work-from-home opportunities, updated cleaning procedures, plexiglass protection screens and readily available hand-sanitizer.