About the job
The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Coordinator implements diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives at NEVHC designed to cultivate a supportive and inclusive work environment for all NEVHC employees. The DEI Coordinator helps draft policies, procedures, and hiring practices that are both fair and support a diverse workforce. The DEI Coordinator provides education to staff on diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice and mentors and coaches managers on improving skills in addressing issues of racism and inequality.
Reports to: Employee Relations & Engagement Manager and/or Director of Human Resources
1. Prior Experience in HR Management.
2. Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and social justice.
3. Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree preferred.
4. Prior Experience in education and training, and public speaking.
5. Strong project management and work organization skills.
6. Thorough working knowledge of Business English, spelling, punctuation, and contemporary general office practices and procedures.
7. Detail oriented and able to work independently
8. Math skills sufficient to prepare routine spreadsheets, calculate/balance invoices/expense reports, and similar.
9. Computer skills in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook Calendar, etc.) and database systems.
10. Effective interpersonal and written communication skills to communicate clearly and effectively with staff, patients and others.
11. Ability to work effectively as a team player.
12. Ability to be flexible and work in a changing environment.
13. Sensitivity to the different cultures and identities represented among staff.
14. Demonstrated ability to listen and communicate with others in a professional and caring manner, including sensitivity with individuals from diverse cultures and lifestyles.
15. Demonstrated ability to set priorities for tasks to work effectively in spite of interruptions and under minimal supervision. Self-starter, reliable and dependable.
16. Ability to solve problems and make routine recommendations.
17. Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality about health care and other patient/client information.
18. Current California driver’s license, appropriate insurance coverage acceptable to the NEVHC’s insurance carrier.
As a health organization NEVHC has complete COVID-19 safety procedures that strictly follow current CDC and CalOSHA guidelines. Please inquire for complete details.