About the job
The NextGen Director exists to design and build a comprehensive children and student ministry program (birth
to 18yr) that creatively engages kids with the truth of God’s word and teaches them how to understand and
apply it to their lives. The NGD understands that each stage of life, brings new understanding and new
opportunity to deposit truth from God’s Word – and establishing a scope & sequence for each milestone for our
children along the way in areas like: Bible story content, Memory Verses, Books of the Bible, Theology,
Apologetics, Life Application, Identity, Morality. An effective scope and sequence builds upon the milestones
of the previous year. In addition, these milestones are intentionally repetitive to penetrate the hearts and
minds for more permanence.
The NextGen Director (NGD) has a ministry specialization in Student Ministry (6th to 12th Grade) but also
oversees and leads the full scope of birth to 18yrs (Children & Student Ministries) under the direction and
leadership of the Senior Pastor by designing a comprehensive ministry strategy to raise up biblically literate,
fruit-bearing disciples of Jesus Christ. The Children’s Ministry Director is responsible for birth to 5th grade
under the direction of the NextGen Director.
In addition, the Next Gen Director serves as Student Ministry Director. (As church grows, the Student Ministry
Director role will be a stand-alone position, reporting to NGD). The NGD will require a firm grasp of the beliefs,
values, and mission of the North Pointe Church and the ability to align staff and key leadership teams and
volunteers with its mission, vision and values. The NGD creates systems and strategies to partner with parents
to assist them in discipling their children. The NGD is a proven Leader of Leaders – Equipping, Empowering,
Replicating team members in all areas of this ministry.
Modeling Biblical Character & Upholding NPC Core Values
The NGD is a person of spiritual character and who upholds the beliefs and core values of the North Pointe
Church. The NGD should represent a growing personal relationship with Christ with a strong desire to be led
by the Holy Spirit to accomplish the ministry work that God has entrusted him/her to steward. The NGD
models a strong relationship with his or her spouse (if married) and children (if applicable). The NGD strives to
fulfill his or her purpose in life and ministry while demonstrating integrity in words, relationships, and actions.
LifeSpan Ministry Model
North Pointe Church has a LifeSpan ministry philosophy. LifeSpan ministry means all ministry leaders from both
NPKids & NPStudents partner together in the lives of our children from Birth to 18 yrs. old. We believe that we
can serve the Next Generation better when we partner together in leading and building relationships with our
elementary, middle school & high school students. We believe the deeper the relationships the greater impact
we can make into the lives of our children.
Leadership of Staff and Volunteer Teams
Success in this role will be best accomplished by prioritizing an investment in ministry leaders who, in turn,
influence parents, students and children for the ministry work. The NGD is responsible for creating an
environments that attract, develop, equip and empower leaders - providing ministry programming to all children
and students by:
• Communicating a clear vision and defined ministry wins for staff and volunteer teams on a regular basis.
• Building systems and structures that lead people from being spectators to volunteers.
• Overseeing safety and security systems for children and students
• Providing centralized efforts for training leaders (retreats, tools, continuing education, etc.)
• Providing staff and volunteer teams with current family ministry best practices.
• Providing regular evaluations, feedback and systematic improvements for team members.
• Developing, submitting and managing budget forecasts and expenses for team leaders.
Oversight & Leadership of NextGen Ministry Environments (Children & Student Ministries)
• Develop a Scope & Sequence for NexGen ministry that builds upon Bible Stories, Memory Verses,
Books of the Bible, Doctrine/Theology & Apologetics, as the children mature through each phase of life.
• Creating and maintaining a safe environment for kids at North Pointe Church.
• Implementing a strategy to equip parents to help their kids take their next steps toward Christ.
Leadership of Student Ministry Environments (6-12th Grade)
Responsible for creating programs that provide engaging experiences and life-changing environments for
middle school and high school students:
• Develop Scope & Sequence for Student Ministry from 6th to 12th Grade (in collaboration with Children’s
Ministry) to teach Bible Stories, Bible Memory Verses, Books of the Bible, Theology, Apologetics on
increasing grade levels – building upon the foundation learned in KidMin.
• Build teams of communicators and teachers who can creatively engage students with the truth of God’s
Word and teaching them how to apply it to their maturing adolescent lives.
Oversight of Small Groups (Middle School & High School Environments)
Constructs practical onramps and systems to help students move from visiting to belonging and growing:
• Developing a systematic and effective use of small groups during all student environments.
• Providing opportunities for students to discover their unique purpose, talents, and abilities.
• Offering small group leaders’ curriculum, coaching, materials, and creative approaches to ministry.
• Equip parents to help their students navigate complex topics facing teens.
Recruit, onboard, and manage all volunteers, leaders for NPStudents
• Care for all Team Members (relationship building)
• Vision-casting ministry of NPStudents
Identify and manage the needed systems to support NPStudents
• PCO database management (contact, communication, and scheduling)
• Member Care for students & family associated with NPStudents
Develop & Evaluate NPStudents Ministry Effectiveness
• Resourcing families as new opportunities for discipleship arise.
• Annual Ministry Review and analysis with action steps
• Create, manage, and evaluate annual NPStudents ministry events like Camp and Parent’s Night Out, etc.
• Give ministry away by creating volunteer opportunities and teams.
Support, Disciple & Equip
• Life-stage counseling and resourcing
• Graduation, Career, Vocational and Ministry Counseling
• Baptism counseling for Students
• NPStudent family member care & prayer as needs arise.
• PCO database updates, input, follow-up, first time guests. absentees (contact, communication)
• Social Media Tools to connect with Students effectively.
• Overseeing the financials of the ministry including credit card purchases, Amazon orders, ongoing
subscriptions, and special event supply purchases.
• Manage Student Ministry calendar to ensure cohesion with overall church plan.
• Work with the Communication team to highlight events and ministry wins.
• Manage/Steward shared ministry space of Worship Center.