Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries at North Orange Christian Church
Orange, CA 92865
About the job
The Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries (DYYAM) is part of the pastoral staff at North Orange Christian Church, each of whom is in submission to Christ as the Head of the Church. The role is to provide leadership and vision implementation to ensure the most effective ministry possible in alignment with the mission, core values, and ministry practices of North Orange Christian Church.
- We expect the DYYAM to be team player looking for the best interest of the other staff (Philippians 2).
- We expect the DYYAM to be in whole-hearted agreement to the doctrine, mission/vision, and values of North Orange Christian Church.
- We expect the DYYAM (and spouse if married) to be part of the community of North Orange Christian Church, which includes joining a small group and being present at NOCC events.
The Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries must be a self-starter who knows how to create, enhance, and sustain a culture of spiritual growth and teamwork. The ideal candidate is passionate about seeing a younger generation on fire for Christ. Since this person will be leading two key ministry areas, it is important that the candidate is capable of recruiting and training volunteers. Strong communication and leadership skills are desired so the delegation of ministry tasks can be handed off to capable leaders.
- Oversee and facilitate Youth Sunday Worship Service, including preaching.
- Oversee Wednesday Youth Ministry midweek.
- Point person to communicate information to teens, parents, and volunteers.
- Lead and oversee youth ministry volunteers.
- Manage NOCC’s youth ministry social media page.
- Plan and coordinate quarterly outreach events.
- Plan and coordinate yearly camp event.
- Engage in one-on-one ministry and discipleship with students.
- Attend weekly meetings with the Lead Pastor.
Young Adult Ministry:
- Oversee and facilitate Young Adult ministries.
- Invite and engage young adults from the various local campuses (i.e., Chapman University, Cal State Fullerton, Hope University, and other southern California colleges) to build the Young Adult ministries from a ministry that is under 10 people to a vibrant ministry that is an integral part of North Orange Christian Church’s culture.
- Recruit and train Young Adult Ministry Volunteers from North Orange Christian Church.
- Create a consistent ministry event meeting.
- Create a consistent small group/midweek meeting.
- Oversee and plan an annual fundraising event for Young Adults.
- Oversee and plan an annual mission trip for Young Adults.
- Accountability: The DYYAM will directly report to the Lead Pastor. This accountability is maintained through weekly meetings.
- Staff Relationships: The DYYAM will be in good relationships with the rest of the North Orange Christian Church staff.
- Above reproach in ministry experience with a good reputation.
- Subscribe to the doctrinal position of North Orange Christian Church.
- Should have at least 3 years of experience working with students and young adults.
- Exceptional preaching abilities with youth and young adults.
- Degree from an accredited college/university or in pursuit of one.
- Experience building a ministry from scratch.
- Experience recruiting and training volunteers.
- Salary Range: a package that includes medical benefits that equals $50-65k, commensurate with experience.
North Orange Christian Church
1001 E Lincoln Ave
Orange, California 92865
North Orange Christian Church