About the job
Job Title: Executive Pastor Supervisor: Lead Pastor
Position Type: Full-time FLSA Classification: Exempt
Overview: The Executive Pastor will assist the Lead Pastor, Elders, and body of Christ at
North Metro Church to “be and make disciples." Alongside the Lead Pastor, the Executive Pastor is responsible for the overall leadership and direction of church, leading all functional areas of a medium-sized church (currently about 300 adults, 70 youth and children with as well as significant online participation Responsibilities include supporting the lead pastor by overseeing facilities, finance, administration, staff, building programs, and ministry operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Working with the Lead Pastor, take the lead in the process of managing employees, including hiring and termination.
• Organize and execute employee reviews and accountability.
• Oversee the front office and help in leadership of staff meetings alongside Lead Pastor.
• Oversee the church finances including working with the finance team, manage the budget process, and create and improve fiscal policy.
• Manage building operations.
• Lead the church’s future building programs
• Oversee Connections, Assimilation and Discipleship process
• Working collaboratively with Lead Pastor on Community Group ministry and adult ministry teams
• Preach Sunday morning services 5-10 times per year and as needed
• Assisting in Weddings, Funerals and Pastoral Care when needed
Executive Role in Relation to the Elders and Lead Pastor:
North Metro Church is an Elder-led church. Elders are active throughout church life, fulfilling their shepherding roles and staying in close contact with the congregation. Elders meet regularly to direct and lead the church in coordination with the Lead Pastor. The Executive Pastor is an Elder and an equal member of the Elder Council. The Elder Council works with the Lead Pastor to share vision, direction, and information with the church during Sunday services, leadership meetings, community groups and other gatherings in a team approach. The Lead Pastor works to communicate this team approach. As an Elder led church, most decisions will be made prayerfully by the Elders, who will seek input and direction from church leaders and members (Proverbs 24:6).
The Executive Pastor reports to the Lead Pastor with the goal of helping the Lead Pastor implement the vision of the Elders. The position of the Executive Pastor is managing staff and church business so the Lead Pastor can focus on teaching and vision. Both Pastors will need to work well together for the church to grow. The Lead Pastor will focus on the spiritual side of leading the church while the Executive Pastor will focus on the physical needs of a growing church.
• Leadership skills and experience in business and financial matters, HR, and personnel.
• Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task and handle requests from multiple sources.
• Ability to work with a leadership team.
• Ability to communicate, self-manage, work to meet deadlines along with an accountability to church oversight.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, ProPresenter & Planning Center Services.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• A background of prayer and the ministry of the Word led by the Holy Spirit. (Acts 6:4)
• Devotion to the Bible as the Word of God, basing leadership and teaching on it.
• Ability to prioritize family above ministry, involving them as achievable.
• Excellent people skills: a compassionate attitude, trustworthiness, discerning and an ability to keep confidentiality.
• Biblical discernment in decision making, including conflict management.
• Servant leadership, exemplifying the humility and attitude of Christ.
• Openness and honesty about struggles, permitting accountability for spiritual growth.
• Proven Team-Builder
• Undergraduate degree in leadership, business, or similar, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge and experience in leading staff.
• Experience in preaching
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of North Metro Church.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2697