About the job
North Branch Reformed Church
203 Route 28
Bridgewater, N.J. 08807
xPosition Title: Pastor Status: Full-Time
Church Overview: A thriving congregation of 200 active members that embraces vibrant worship, warm community, grateful service, family-centered ministry and empowering leadership. Our vision/mission statement is “God calls North Branch to lift up the poor and poor in spirit in Bridgewater and beyond.”
Position Description: The pastor will lead the congregation in their praise and proclamation of Christ by personal example, through engaged team leadership and by pastoral attention to the congregation and community. Working with experienced ministry staff and strong lay leaders, the pastor will carry out the following responsibilities:
- Serves as head of staff and president of consistory.
- Leads weekly staff meetings to pray, coordinate and share church business.
- Supports and guides the church’s ministries, missions and committees.
Pastoral Attention to the Congregation
- Provides strong pulpit presence and biblically based preaching and teaching that glorifies God by inspiring praise, generosity and service through instruction, prayer and music.
- Leads worship, coordinating with the music director and the worship committee in the worship and life of the church.
- Inspires spiritual growth of members and friends and encourages volunteerism and local service that personifies God’s love.
- Oversees Christian education and youth ministries by empowering staff and lay leaders that strive to challenge and encourage youth to explore and express their faith.
- Provides pastoral care to church members, families and friends.
- Administers the sacraments of communion and baptism, and conducts weddings and funerals as requested.
- Develops and implements strategies to grow and diversify the membership of our church.
- Preaches approximately 3 or 4 times per month, at 1 Sunday service (blended contemporary/traditional music).
- Maintains open office hours a minimum of 3 days per week.
- Attends staff, team and small group meetings, as needed.
- Responds to emergencies, visiting the hospitalized or sick which may require pastoral presence during non-scheduled hours.
- Provides special attention to a regathering congregation, in a post-COVID world.
- Graduate of a nationally recognized seminary or divinity school.
- Ordained in the RCA or Formula of Agreement church (PCUSA, ELCA, or UCC) preferred.
- Experienced pastor preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with clarity, patience and encouragement.
- Commensurate with experience, following the Classis of Delaware-Raritan guidelines.
- Housing allowance consistent with New Jersey cost of living.
How to Apply:
- Visit http://www.nbrc.com for more church information regarding worship, programs and history
- Interested candidates are asked to email their resume and references to [email protected] or mail it to the church address (attention: pastor search
North Branch Reformed Church
Bridgewater Township, New Jersey 08807