Children’s Ministry Program Associate at Noroton Presbyterian Church
About the job
Children’s Ministry Program Associate Job Description
The Children’s Ministry Program Associate assists with the leadership and support of the overall Children’s Ministry program at Noroton Presbyterian Church (NPC), which includes children ages 0 to 11 and their families. This position is part time, at 20 hours per week.
- Assist in leadership of children’s ministry, with primary focus on: program support, relational ministry, and spiritual care to ministry participants.
- Plan, lead, teach, and assist with Sunday morning programming and content creation, weekly kids group meetings, monthly special events, mission experiences, and outreach activities as assigned by supervisor.
- Engage in outreach to families from the NPNS and the NPCC as directed by supervisor, such as weekly chapels and story time with classes.
- Attend weekly NPC staff meetings, monthly Team Meetings, and weekly children’s ministry staff meetings and training sessions as directed by supervisor.
- Maintain behavior that is consistent with the NPC Staff Covenant.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
1. Education: College degree or equivalent experience in an area consistent with children’s ministry.
2. Work Experience: Prior experience working with children and their families.
3. An active and growing disciple of Jesus Christ.
4. A love for children and a passion for them to know, experience and share the love and grace of God through Jesus Christ.
5. Strong communication skills (verbal and written), thoughtful listening skills.
6. Strong relational skills.
7. Strong creative and innovative skills
8. Experience in a PC or Mac environment utilizing Google Suite (mail, calendar, documents), Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and database software.
Our COVID-19 Response:
Currently, half of the Children's Ministry gatherings are accomplished virtually. The remainder of the gatherings are limited to 14 children, meeting outside weather permitting, with masks and social distancing. All indoor spaces and materials are completely sterilized after these small gatherings.