NewStory Kids Pastor at NewStory Church
Los Angeles, CA 90007
About the job
KIDS MINISTRY PASTOR
About NewStory Church
NewStory Church is located in Los Angeles, California, right next to USC (University of Southern California). Our mission is to reach 1% of Los Angeles with the Gospel of Christ, and our core values are:
- Church is fun!
- Truth is relevant.
- Live love.
- Grace wins.
About the Job:
Do you have an excellent slime recipe? Are you up to date with all the happenings of the MCU? Do you have the heart to see kids desire to pick up the Bible more than their Nintendo Switch? We are looking for the right person to lead our kids into a loving and dynamic relationship with God. This person would be responsible for creating an environment where all students from kindergarten to 5th grade would feel that they belong and are a part of a safe and fun faith community. Five words to describe the type of person we are looking for would be fun, innovative, hard-working, flexible, and all in (that’s technically six words, but you get the idea).
· Capacity to Lead
· Capacity to Innovate
· Capacity for Collaboration
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(Includes but not limited to)
This job oversees the execution of Kid’s Ministry from our Kindergarteners to 5th graders. Essential duties and responsibilities, shown below, will vary based on assignment.
- Prioritize prayer for the church, ministry, team, and age groups we seek to build bridges with that connect everyone to vibrant life in Christ.
- Provide leadership and direction for all Kid’s Ministry environments, including our Online Kids Ministry.
- Spend 25% of work hours relationally with students or families to develop influential relationships with NextGen connected and disconnected from Jesus.
- Plan, coordinate, and lead engaging environments (including weekly programming, annual summer camp, special events, and trips) for the specific age group they oversee, ensuring that the experience is fun, inviting, energetic, and all about Jesus.
- Collaborate with NextGen Director to contextualize Kid’s Ministry environments to meet specific needs of the families we serve while aligning them with the overall NextGen ministry goals.
- Develop and supervise ministry leaders and volunteers using a volunteer coach model, equipping them with the knowledge and skills to perform in their roles and larger ministry capacities.
- Spend 25% of work hours relationally with ministry volunteers to care for them, develop them, and celebrate them.
- Create systems and strategies to clearly communicate with students and their families and accomplish the mission and vision of NewStory Church through kids.
- Start a pre-teen ministry for our 4th and 5th graders, helping them take their faith deeper and grow stronger in their love for God.
Competences, Knowledge, Education, and Experience
- This role requires team leadership and large group management, relational intelligence and collaboration, upfront communication, and administrative skill.
- This role requires at least three years’ worth of Kid’s Ministry experience or an equivalent experience (ex. teaching, YMCA, etc.)
- This role requires a bachelor’s degree.
- This role requires experience leading a team, working with systems and processes, communicating with children, developing volunteers, and organizing large group and small group environments.
- This role requires creativity, innovative thinking, and a high level of excellence.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.