NewStory Kids Jrs. Pastor at NewStory Church
Los Angeles, CA 90007
About the job
JUNIORS MINISTRY PASTOR
This position will be responsible for overseeing the spiritual formation and discipleship of our newborns, toddlers, and preschoolers through caring and engaging strategies. This role will work closely with the other NextGen pastors to ensure alignment of organizational mission, vision, values, and strategy.
· Capacity for Collaboration
· Capacity to Nurture
· Capacity to Lead
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(includes but not limited to)
This job oversees the execution of the Juniors Ministry which serves our newborns, toddlers, and preschoolers. Essential duties and responsibilities, shown below, will vary based on assignment.
- Prioritize prayer for the church, ministry, team, and age groups we’re seeking to build bridges with that connect everyone to dynamic life in Christ.
- Provide leadership and direction for all Juniors Ministry environments.
- Plan, coordinate, and lead engaging environments (including weekly programming, annual summer camp, special events, and trips) for the specific age group they oversee, ensuring that the experience is fun, inviting, energetic, and all about Jesus.
- Collaborate with NextGen Director to contextualize Juniors Ministry environments to meet specific needs of the families we serve while aligning them with the overall NextGen ministry goals.
- Develop and supervise ministry leaders and volunteers using a volunteer coach model, equipping them with the knowledge and skills to perform in their roles and in larger ministry capacities.
- Spend 25% of work hours relationally with ministry volunteers to care for them, develop them, and celebrate them.
- Create systems and strategies to support and guide families as they navigate the early years of their child’s life and build a foundation for their relationship with Christ.
Competences, Knowledge, Education, and Experience
- This role requires team leadership and large group management, relational intelligence and collaboration, upfront communication, and administrative skill.
- This role requires at least 2 years’ worth of PreSchool Ministry experience, or an equivalent experience (ex. teaching, YMCA, etc.)
- This role requires a bachelor’s degree.
- This role requires experience leading a team, working with systems and processes, communicating to children, developing volunteers, and organizing large group and small group environments.
- This role requires a depth of relational skill that includes the ability to work with and communicate well with people of all ages, from newborns to adults.
*Please send your resume to: email@example.com
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.