Youth Pastor at NewStory Church
150 W Jefferson Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90007
About the job
This position will oversee our Youth Ministry, which is grades 6th through 12th. Your role would be to invest in the lives of our students and help them develop and grow in their relationship with God.
· Capacity for Teaching
· Capacity to Disciple
· Capacity to Innovate
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(includes but is not limited to)
This job oversees the execution of Youth Ministry. Essential duties and responsibilities, shown below, will vary based on assignment.
· Provide leadership and direction for all Youth Ministry including, but not limited to Large Group, Small Group, Volunteers, and online.
· Spend 50% of work hours relationally with students and their families to develop influential relationships to bring them closer to God.
· Plan, coordinate, and lead weekly programming and monthly and yearly bridge-building events and trips for the Youth Ministry, ensuring that the experience connects students to each other and to Christ.
· Collaborate with Next Gen Director to contextualize Youth Ministry environments to meet specific needs of the church while aligning them with the overall Next Gen Ministry goals.
· Develop and supervise Youth Ministry volunteers, and a volunteer coach model, equipping them with the knowledge and skills to perform in their roles and in larger ministry capacities
· Contribute to all Next Gen Ministries by helping with events and vision casting.
Competences, Knowledge, Education, and Experience
· This role requires team leadership and large group management, relational intelligence and collaboration, upfront communication, and administrative skill
· This role requires at least 2 years’ worth of Youth Ministry experience, or an equivalent experience (ex. teaching, YMCA, etc.)
· This role requires a bachelor’s degree
· This role requires experience leading a team, working with systems and processes, communicating to students and young adults, developing volunteers, and organizing large group and small group environments
Please email your resume to: [email protected]
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.