About the job
Meet NewNope Church:
Greetings from NewHope Church. We are a rapidly growing church in the heart of Carolinas and we are so excited you’ve chosen to visit our website. We have a dream, a vision, a calling to spread the gospel of Christ through our contemporary church services. Our prayer is that our community of faith be a beacon of love and HOPE for anyone who is seeking, looking for answers in this crazy world. We dream of a church with dedicated followers who are compelled to actively lead others on their journey to salvation. We want people to come expecting to encounter Christ, to build a relationship with Him, and to be engaged with others to build redemptive relationships. Our pastors and church staff are here to help disciple our NewHope family so that everyone can engage in serving with their God-given strengths and talents.
About the Worship Pastor:
The Worship Pastor will first and foremost be a spiritual leader above reproach.
(1 Timothy 3) The number one responsibility of an effective and faithful pastor is Godliness, humility, and integrity. Nothing gets in the way of faithful ministry within a church more than a leader compromising any of these responsibilities. As a result, a major part of this job description is to model the highest level of godliness through spiritual disciplines of prayer, Scripture reading, devotional reading, journaling, and/or fasting.
The Worship Pastor Responsibilities:
Worship Ministry (70%)
- Meet every week 1-on-1 with the Executive Pastor of Ministry
- Collaborate weekly with the Executive Pastor and ministry Directors to explore ways to best achieve NewHope’s vision and strategy.
- Participate in weekly preparation and execute weekend services through a Spirit-led and prayerful process of brainstorming creative elements, planning, rehearsal, implementation & evaluation.
- Oversee worship department staff and contractors provide vision, direction, and staff care for the success of that team member personally and their ministry goals.
- Ensure the smooth operation and flow of worship systems and processes, including but not limited to executing resources like charts, tracks, clicks/instrument references.
Volunteer teams (20%)
- Build and recruit fantastic volunteer bands/worship teams for leading life-changing worship experiences.
- Implement and execute an honoring efficient audition process for volunteer involvement.
- Provide fantastic follow-up during the week to shepherd and care well for worship volunteers.
Personal Development (5%)
- Invest time networking, reading, reflecting & experimenting on ways to shape multisensory, multigenerational worship experiences that maximize participation and utilize multiple musical styles & historical traditions to best engage the heads, hearts, & hands of God’s people and reach today’s unchurched postmodern generation.
NewHope staff (5%)
- Participate as a faithful member of NewHope church and complies with the four C’s of membership.
- Attend All-Staff meetings.
- Any other responsibilities deemed necessary for carrying out the vision/mission of NewHope church as part of the NewHope staff team.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- Undergrad/Seminary Degree is preferred.
- 3-5+ years of ministry experience is required.
- Past leadership of a large church is required.
- Experience in worship/music role is required.
- Theological training is required.
- Strong vocalist and musician.
- Savvy with technology.
- Ability to build and develop a team.
- Problem Solver.
- Ability to coach staff.
- Creative with the ability to carry out a vision.
- Cultural relevance.
- Biblically literate and theologically astute.
- Deep grasp of Attractional & Incarnational Ministry.
What it's Like to Live in Durham, North Carolina:
Durham is a dense suburban city in North Carolina consisting of a population of about 270,000. The Durham community is one of the most culturally diverse areas in North Carolina, offering many various dining and entertainment experiences for all to enjoy. The city is perfect for families as well as young professionals, many people are moving to the area to take advantage of access to higher education, affordable real estate, and many family amenities. Durham is situated between the beach and the mountains, with each being just a couple of hours away. For those who enjoy the urban feel, downtown nightlife and restaurants will not disappoint. There are many urban trails for jogging and biking. For those who enjoy the countryside relaxation, within the outskirts are many parks and landscapes. Durham is also home to nationally ranked college and professional sports such as Duke, UNC, and Durham Bulls Baseball. Because of the great cultural diversity of this community, anyone and everyone is welcome and is guaranteed to find their fun.
>> Click HERE to apply! <<