About the job
CONNECTION PASTOR SCORECARD
NEW LIFE MISSION
Cultivating a community that enjoys God and transforms the world through the gospel.
MISSION AND STRATEGY OF CONNECTION PASTOR
The Connection Pastor (CP) is responsible for creating, managing, and executing all facets of the adult discipleship process.
THE POSTURE OF THE CONNECTION PASTOR
FAITHFUL to God and family, AVAILABLE as a leader and shepherd, and TEACHABLE with hunger and humility.
ROLE OF THE CONNECTION PASTOR
> As I STAY CONNECTED to God, I pour into the spiritual growth of current and potential leaders at New Life.
> LEAD a team of leaders and coaches (including three part time staff: Adult Ministry / Communications Associate, Local Outreach / Assimilation Associate, and a Connections Associate) to accomplish the mission above and outcomes below.
> PRAY for your leaders and associates often.
> PROVIDE CARE big and small ways for those under your care.
> Lead the Leaders/Coaches/Directors & be part of the teams that oversees the guest experience (parking lot/tram team, greeters, ushers, and hospitality) from the parking lot to an engaged member of New Life through our assimilation strategy which includes One Place, One Program, and Two Placements which results in:
• 20% - 50% of guests who fill out cards attend Next Steps.
• 35% - 50% of new people attending a Group.
• 40% - 65%% of new people serving on a Difference Maker Team.
> 50%-60% of total weekend attendance in a Group.
> 50%-60% of total weekend attendance serving on a Difference Maker Team.
> Create engaging context for New Life Website, Weekly Email, and New Life Facebook Page.
• Create weekly Facebook engagement that is 1.5x our weekly attendance.
• Weekly email average open rate of 35%.
• Website (ongoing oversight and attention to detail).
> We want to be a church that is transforming our community as we:
• Develop a school partnership with Quail Run where:
o Every teacher at our partner school experiences New Life’s love at least 2x a year.
o Every student at our partner school has their basic needs covered (example food, basic school supplies, etc.).
• Raise up 1 new foster family every year.
• Provide 10 experiences throughout the year for our body to share the love of Jesus with our neighbors and community.
> Assist in the direction and implementation of a Leadership Pipeline where every ministry:
• Has an appropriate healthy span of care throughout every area of ministry (see ratio document).
• Onboard new leaders through the leadership pipeline, responding to every inquiry about serving within one week.
• Organizational alignment in discovering, developing, and deploying people (see focus document).
>You should expect to work 40-50 hours per week.
> Experience with strategic planning and executive leadership.
> Track record of developing other leaders, coaches, and directors.
> A life-long learner with a MDIV preferred.
> At least 3-years of experience in a Small Group/Discipleship ministry leadership role.
> Be aligned with New Life’s
• Vision and Mission
• 30 Core Competencies and Teaching Doctrinal Statement
• Culture Statements
• Connection Ministry Philosophy of Ministry
• Policy and Procedure Manual
HELPING YOU WIN
> Co-Senior Pastor (John) is your supervisor
• Meet weekly with Co-Senior Pastor John
> Participate in pastor/director huddles monthly
> Participate in weekly staff meetings, yearly staff retreat, and other staff gatherings
TO BE SUCCESSFUL HERE YOU BE
> To Fit Within Our Staff
• Loving: We engage in one another’s lives as brothers and sisters in Christ
• Collaborative: We share and work as a team toward common goals
• Humble: We honor one another in our actions and attitudes
• Trustworthy: We are a team where it is safe to freely share ideas and feelings and are accountable to one another
• Prayerful: We pursue God together and depend on him for limitless results
• Hard Working: We develop our skills and diligently use them with excellence
• Fun: We infuse our work with joy and laughter
> To Function In This Job
• Proactive: you see what needs to be done and take initiative to accomplish the task
• Developer: ability to coach, train, and deploy train people (staff and volunteers)
• Organizer: ability to arrange and plan
• Strategic thinker: ability to anticipate and plan for the future
• Recruiter: ability to recruit “A” players
• Believe in groups: participate in groups and know the power of God’s work in community