About the job
Children’s Ministry Director Scorecard
New Life Mission
Cultivating a community that enjoys God and transforms the world through the Gospel.
MISSION AND STRATEGY OF FAMILY MINISTRY DIRECTOR
The Children’s Ministry Director is responsible for shepherding, managing, directing and aligning all aspects of Children’s Ministry.
THE POSTURE OF THE FAMILY MINISTRY DIRETOR
AVAILABLE in their life, FAITHFUL in their pursuit of the Lord, have margin, and TEACHABLE
with hunger and humility.
ROLE OF THE FAMILY MINISTRY DIRECTOR
> As I STAY CONNECTED to God, I pour into the spiritual growth of current and potential leaders at New Life and our Children.
> Lead TEAM MEMBERS, LEADERS, COACHES, and ASSOCIATES to see ALL CHILDREN and PARENTS KNOWN, WELCOMED, LOVED, and EXPERIENCING the GOSPEL.
> PRAY for my leaders and families often
> PROVIDE CARE big and small ways for those under my care
> CREATE environments where children and families can grow to know Christ.
- Envision, develop and execute annual strategic plans for Children’s Ministry (CM) in line with our CM philosophy. CM philosophy is to create an environment where children and parents feel welcome, known and loved and are taught about our God
that welcomes them, knows them as their Creator, and Loves them with a sacrificial/salvational love.
- Children’s Worship numbers should reflect 18-20% of our Average Weekly Attendance
- Oversee the execution of Children’s Worship, online and in person
- Create multiple annual events that engage families, furthers the philosophy of Children’s Ministry, and moves families forward in their faith
- Develop and manage the annual Children’s Ministry budget in line with the parameters provided in our annual budget
> LEAD and EMPOWER a catalytic group of leaders who inspire and challenge their team to minister well to children, and their families
- Oversight includes, Children’s Associates, Children’s Sunday In-person and Online, Wednesday Clubs, Children’s Events, and Outreach Events
- Weekly Connection with Children’s Ministry Associates
- Monthly Connection with Wednesday Night Club leaders and those in your Span of Care
- Connection and leadership for events teams as needed
> Church-wide family Outreach
-create outreach opportunities for the New Life body, so that our body may be contributors towards the outreach of families in our community
-We want to care for and move our families in a way that not only makes a significant difference in their homes but also in their communities.
To that end our current events are:
- Eggstavaganza and Trunk or Treat
> Oversee the direction and implementation of a Leadership Pipeline in Children’s Ministry
- Appropriate healthy span of care throughout every area of ministry (ration document)
- Alignment of onboarding new leaders throughout every area of ministry. Should be able to account for every inquiry about serving
- Alignment in discovering, developing and deploying people (focus document)
- Co-lead creation, roll-out, training, and implementation staff-wide along with Connection Pastor
> We expect you to work 40-50 hours
> Track record of developing other leaders
> A life-long learner with a bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
> At least 3-years of experience in a Children’s Ministry leadership role.
> Be aligned with New Life’s
> Vision and Mission
> 30 Core Competencies and Teaching Doctrinal Statement
> Connection Ministry Philosophy of Ministry
HELPING YOU WIN
>Participate in pastor/director Huddles monthly
>Participate in weekly staff meetings, yearly staff retreat, and other staff gatherings
TO BE SUCCESSFUL HERE YOU BE
> To Fit Within Our Staff
- Loving: We engage in one another’s lives as brothers and sisters in Christ Collaborative: We share and work as a team toward common goals Humble: We honor one another in our actions and attitudes
- Trustworthy: We are a team where it is safe to freely share ideas and feelings and are accountable to one another
- Prayerful: We pursue God together and depend on him for limitless results
- Hard Working: We develop our skills and diligently use them with excellence
- Fun: We infuse our work with joy and laughter
>To Function In This Job
- Proactivity, Ability to develop people (staff or volunteers), Organization & planning, Strategic thinking/visioning, Ability to recruit “A” players, and a heart for parents and children to know Christ
LEARN A BIT MORE: