About the job
Position: Lead Pastor
Status: Full Time
Reports to: Board of Shepherds
Direct Reports: All Pastoral and Ministry Support Staff
Experience: 5+ Years of Pastoral Ministry & Multi-Staff Leadership is preferable
Effective: Upon hire
New Journey Church Lead Pastor Job Description
A. Spiritual qualifications
1. Fulfill the biblical qualifications for leadership as defined in Titus 1:5-9 and 1 Timothy 3.
2. Demonstrate commitment to Christ and the work of His Church.
3. Model godly living in his personal life as an example to the church body.
4. Model the priority of prayer personally, as well as in the life of the church.
5. Be teachable and be open to differing ideas and opinions.
6. Demonstrate emotional and spiritual maturity.
7. Conservatively orthodox, Protestant and Evangelical.
B. Educational qualifications
1. Seminary training is preferred. We will consider applicants who have some seminary training or Bible college graduated with 5 years ministry experience and willing to seek ordination.
C. Leadership qualifications
1. Demonstrate administrative and leadership abilities.
2. Model ability in interpersonal relationships with all ages.
3. Ability to develop and work with a team of leaders in carrying out the ministry of the church.
D. New Journey Church qualifications
1. Affirm the Declaration of Faith and church policies adopted in the Constitution and Bylaws of New Journey Church.
E. Converge qualifications
1. Demonstrate commitment to Converge Worldwide and to the Converge North Central District by supporting their ministries and collaborating in their activities as able.
2. Affirm agreement with the Converge/New Journey Ministerial Code of Ethics.
A. Cooperate with the Shepherds in overseeing the ministry of New Journey Church.
1. Guide, direct, equip and advise church staff in the fulfillment of our mission statement
2. Supervise ministry of clerical staff in cooperation with the Building & Finance Team.
3. Cooperate with the Worship Leadership Team in planning and leading the worship services of the church.
4. Conduct weddings, funerals, baptisms, child dedications and other special services upon request.
B. Oversee teaching, preaching, and worship, while serving as the primary preaching pastor.
C. Mentor other pastoral staff in developing preaching and teaching skills, providing opportunities, as appropriate, for them to preach & teach.
D. Provide initial interventions and spiritual direction for members with spiritual and relationship difficulties, including counseling.
E. Cooperate with Associate Pastor in visitation of church body in times of need and as requested (illness, personal/family concerns, etc.)
F. Encourage and assist in the development of new ministries, with affirmation of the Shepherds.
G. Oversee and participate in community, district, and global ministries of the church.
H. Promote New Journey Church and model godly living in his daily activities.
I. Submit regular reports on the progress of ministries.
1. Quarterly reports to the Shepherds.
2. Report to the congregation at regular congregational meetings.
J. Carry out other duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the Shepherd's.
A. Committed to the vision mission, and affirmation of faith of New Journey Church, communicating each regularly to the body.
B. Demonstrate exegetical accuracy, and primarily an expository communicator.
C. Effective in interpersonal communication in both listening and speaking.
A. Responsible to and serves under the direction of the Shepherds.
B. Cooperate as a voting member of the Shepherds to provide shared leadership for the church body. This will include leadership development, planning and discernment of ministry direction and vision.
C. Provide input and leadership, based on Biblical principles, to the Shepherds and all leadership teams (Servant Leaders) within the church.
D. Provide leadership to pastoral and support staff.
E. Provide spiritual leadership to the New Journey Church body
F. Shepherd the flock as directed in 1 & 2 Timothy and Titus
A. This job description may be modified by mutual agreement of the Lead Pastor and the New Journey Shepherds.
We at NJC have practiced and encouraged social distancing. We have arranged our sanctuary accordingly. We have hand sanitizer located throughout the building. In regards to mask wearing, we believe it is up to the individual if they deem it necessary to wear one.