Children’s Ministry Teacher at New Creation L.A. Church
Burbank, CA 91506
About the job
Provide a safe, fun, gospel-centered environment for children 18mo - 2nd grade during worship service on Sunday mornings (Class is 35 minutes during sermon). This person will report to the Children’s Ministry Director; teaching Bible lessons provided, leading songs for the children, and teaching them about God’s word. Physical activity required including playing with children on the floor, modeling hand motions to songs, picking up children, taking children to the bathroom, disinfecting classrooms and toys, and helping set up and tear down classrooms.
- Must be available on Sundays from 9:45 am to 11:45 am
- Arrive on time each Sunday.
- Attend mandatory training sessions each year to review our policies and procedures and build community so we can continue to serve New Creation children safely and effectively.
- Give at least 2 weeks' notice prior to being absent. If you are ill, please notify the CM Director as soon as possible.
- Possible holiday work on Easter and during the winter holidays (around Christmas/New Year's).
- A commitment to serve 1 year from the start date.
- Heart for God, families, and children.
- Must be able to lead and take charge of the classroom.
- Background in early childhood education; whether in a ministry, daycare or arts education environment.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure; level-headed when the classroom environment is stressful.
- Must be able to talk with parents and lead volunteers in the classroom.
- Must be a team player and have character qualities such as integrity, wisdom and good judgment.
- Warm and engaging personality that is welcoming to parents and children, especially those children who may have difficulty separating from their parents.
- Must pass a background check and have two references.
Reports to the Children’s Ministry Director
Work Hours: 2.5 hours/week which includes Sundays and prep time during the week (must be available to work on Sundays)
To apply, please email resume to: [email protected]