About the job
Date: August 2023
20 Hours per week
To lead, direct, develop and grow the Preteen Ministry (SURF) of New Covenant Community Church and its mission: Love and lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus.
To disciple 5th and 6th graders through Biblical truth to prepare them for Junior High by creating fun, engaging environments where students experience belonging in a loving community.
1. Commitment to lead and develop the SURF team.
• Recruit, train, equip and encourage SURF leaders to be effective and spiritually mature.
• Develop a strong team of leaders to invest in the lives of students through ongoing training
and team building.
• Create and maintain new volunteer opportunities within the SURF ministry.
2. Provide sound teaching of God’s Word to students.
• Prepare and teach Biblically sound messages that are engaging and relevant to the life of
preteens. (Sunday morning and Wednesday night)
• Recruit and develop other SURF ministry leaders to teach.
• Select and guide implementation of any curriculum.
• Research and evaluate teaching strategies.
3. Create fun and engaging environments to connect students in community.
• Wednesday night service
• Sunday morning Service
• Camps, retreats, and conferences
• Outreach events
• Small Group Gatherings
4. Partner with parents in the spiritual development of their student.
• Provide resources for parents, keep parents informed on events and what students are learning -
walk with parents through tough phases and difficult decisions.
• Encourage, pray for, meet with, counsel and be available to parents.
5. Collaborate with Junior High and High School Pastor.
• Work together to ensure a seamless transition from SURF to Junior High.
• Work together to build familiarity with Junior High Pastor and SURF students.
6. Collaborate with Children’s Director for Vacation Bible Adventure (VBA/X).
• Work together to plan and implement an exciting and spiritually vibrant week of VBA/X.
7. Other duties and responsibilities.
• Lead or participate in regular staff meetings and other meetings or events as specified by the
• Assist in the preparation of Sunday, Wednesday, or other special services and events as needed.
• Perform other duties as directed by the Connections Pastor.
Key Success Factors (and Fit):
• A respected leader of Godly character – when people hear your name there is a strong, positive,
confident reaction that things will be led well.
• Strong Biblical knowledge and ability to communicate effectively.
• A leader that attracts and develops people of high integrity to be part of their team.
• Someone that will pour into team members through coaching, correcting and challenging.
• A creative thinker who works hard to engage students and attract new students.
• A leader that models servant leadership and is easily teachable.
•An emotionally stable leader with a healthy and balanced family/home life.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution preferred.
• Volunteer or paid experience in either children’s, preteen, or youth ministry.
• Upholds New Covenant Statement of Faith (available upon request).
• Models the characteristics of a Deacon/Pastor as laid out in 1 Timothy 3.
Good Team Member
Builds Effective Teams
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/3357