About the job
Children’s Ministry Director
Date: August 2023
40 hours per week; Benefits Included
To lead, direct, develop, and grow the Children’s Ministry (Camp Adventureland) of New Covenant Community Church and fulfill its mission to love and lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus.
The Children’s Ministry Director is passionate about and committed to loving and leading kids into a growing relationship with Jesus and equipping parents and guardians to disciple their kids. The Children’s Ministry Director will oversee a team of staff that includes an Early Childhood Director and Children’s Ministry Administrator as well as volunteers in our early childhood ministry, 1st-4th grade ministry, and our special needs ministry, Adventure Buddies.
1. Lead and oversee the Children’s ministry department staff and volunteers.
• Recruit, train, equip and encourage Children’s ministry staff and leaders to be effective and spiritually mature.
• Work with staff to develop goals, strategies, and programs that will further the work of the ministry.
• Develop a strong team of leaders to invest in the lives of kids through ongoing training and team building.
• Create and maintain new volunteer opportunities within the Children’s ministry.
• Collaborate with Children’s ministry staff to revise and evaluate direction and strategies for Children’s ministry to align with the mission and vision of New Covenant Community Church
2. Develop or implement curriculum for Children’s Ministry
• Collaborate with Children’s Ministry staff to develop and implement curriculum for Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights.
• Train staff on leaders on implementation of curriculum.
• Coordinate implementation of ministry lesson plans.
• Research and evaluate teaching strategies.
3. Help create an inviting, joyful, and exciting Children’s ministry environment
• Work with connections director to develop and implement a first-time guest welcome plan.
• Collaborate with Children’s Ministry staff and volunteers to ensure classrooms and programming are inviting, joyful, and exciting.
4. Partner with parents in the spiritual development of their student.
• Provide resources for parents, keep parents informed on events and what students are learning - Walk with parents through tough phases and difficult decisions.
• Encourage, pray for, meet with, counsel and be available to parents.
• Create and distribute applicable flyers and modes of communication (Email, text, Social Media).
6. Plan and implement special programs and events
• Collaborate with SURF Director and Children’s Ministry Staff and Volunteers for Vacation Bible Adventure (VBA/X).
• Work together to plan and implement an exciting and spiritually vibrant week of VBA/X.
• Develop or implement VBA/X curriculum.
• Recruit, train, equip and encourage VBA/X leaders.
• Work with Children’s Ministry staff and NewCov staff for special events (Trunk R Treat, Tree Lighting, Easter Week).
7. Other duties and responsibilities
• Lead or participate in regular staff meetings and other meetings or events as specified by the Connections pastor.
• Assist in the preparation of Sunday, Wednesday, or other special services and events as needed.
• Perform other duties as directed by the Connections Pastor.
• Is committed to their own Spiritual, emotional, mental, and physical growth.
• Exhibits Godly character, personally and professionally.
• Possesses a demonstrated compassion for the broken-hearted, the body of Christ, and a genuine desire to see transformational growth in individuals, specifically children.
• A broad range of experience in a large church or organizational setting.
• Possess a clear understanding of relational environments and how children connect, along with the abilities and experience in creating such environments where children engage in the greater story of Jesus.
• Possess the skills to resolve conflict appropriately.
• Models servant leadership and is easily teachable.
•An emotionally stable leader with a healthy and balanced family/home life.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution preferred.
• At least 5 years of paid experience in Children’s ministry.
• Upholds New Covenant Statement of Faith (available upon request).
• Models the characteristics of a deacon/pastor as laid out in 1 Timothy 3.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/3356