Pastor of Children and Youth (Full or Part-time) at New City Church of Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA 90013
About the job
Overall leadership of miniNewCityKidz (infant to toddler), NewCityKidz (preschool to 5th grade), and New City Youth (6th grade to 12th grade) in Downtown, and oversight of the San Fernando Valley children’s pastor (who will be supervised by both the SFV parish pastor and the person in this position). We presently have about 5-10 infants/toddlers, 10-15 elementary school-aged children, and 5-8 youths. Downtown and SFV parishes (adults and children) are currently worshipping together on Zoom (elementary school-aged children and youth have their own respective Zoom meetings). Our infant/toddler ministry is on pause. After the pandemic, both Downtown’s and the SFV’s own respective younger children and youth ministries, as well as the nurseries, are expected to be restarted (and a SFV children’s pastor appointed). Our vision and desire is to invest into all of our children and take our children’s/youths’ ministry to the next level. This is an important priority for the church.
- Develop systems, programs, and teachers/volunteers; oversee ministries for younger children and youth ministries for infants to 12th grade.
- Teach, pastor, and develop or choose curricula to help younger children and youth to love Jesus and follow him.
- Recruit, assess, develop, train, pastor, and schedule volunteer teachers, leaders, and workers.
- Create a safe environment for all of our children.
- Develop relationships with the parents of all of our children.
- Take the younger children and youth ministries to the next level by casting vision, putting together a strategy with other pastors, leaders, teachers, and parents, and executing the strategy.
- Coordinate non-children/youths events and ministries as needed if there is time.
- A spiritually mature Christian who believes in the vision and core values of New City.
- Gifted in teaching, leading, and pastoring younger children and youths, especially younger children/youths from diverse ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Gifted in developing systems, organizing, developing leaders, and training volunteers.
- Strong pastoral heart for younger children and youth.
- Productive and manages time well, well organized, and self-starter.
- Good communication skills.
- Theological education is a plus but not required.
- Qualified under 1 Tim 3:2-7.
- Work about 40 hours per week (plus 5+ hours to be a part of the community life). We are open to candidates who can only work part-time. Please indicate your preference in your cover letter.
- Communicate openly and with tact.
- Regular attendance and participation in worship and in the life of the community.
- Participation in weekly staff meetings and at least one meeting with the lead pastor per month.
- Grow daily as a follower of Christ.
Report To: Kevin Haah, Lead Pastor