Pastor of Student Ministries at Neighborhood Church of Anderson and Cottonwood
About the job
We are looking for a full-time Student Ministries Pastor. The primary role (Approx. 75%) would involve shepherding our high school students, their parents, and our youth group staff. The role would also extend (Approx. 25%) to oversight of and partnership with our junior high volunteer ministry, as well as basic oversight of our existing volunteer-run children’s ministries (Sunday School, VBS, AWANA, etc.).
Neighborhood Church exists to inspire among all peoples an overflowing joy in God through Jesus Christ. We are a Bible-believing, non-denominational, elder-led church that embraces the Five Solas of the Protestant Reformation and specifically the Doctrines of Grace. We are a rural church located between two small towns (Anderson and Cottonwood, with a total approximate population of 14,000) about 10 miles south of Redding, California (Approximate population of 91,500). In 2021-22 our weekly Sunday morning attendance has ranged between 200-300 people, with a small contingent continuing to engage in our online streaming services.
We encourage you to get to know us better through our website: https://www.neighborhoodac.org/about
Essential Attributes for a Student Ministries Pastor
Full of Godly Character:
- Evidence of Fruit of the Spirit
- Good reputation in his communities
- Character consistent with biblical qualifications for leaders (elders, deacons, teachers, etc.)
- Has a working knowledge of key biblical doctrines. (https://www.neighborhoodac.org/about/essentials/beliefs-statement-of-faith)
Able to Teach:
- Demonstrates ability to put together quality expository lessons.
- Practices good hermeneutics in teaching applications.
- Exhibits evidences of the gift of teaching as perceived by other believers.
Connects with Teens:
- Has a passion to spiritually invest in the lives of teenagers.
- Demonstrates an ability to build and maintain a rapport with teenagers.
- Has existing relationships (of perhaps various kinds), where Christ-centered instruction and development has been a key focus.
- Demonstrates a love for sharing the Gospel.
- Eager to engage in outreach on local school campuses and/or extra-curricular opportunities where teens are participating.
- Eager to develop a heart for global missions among our young people.
- Strategizes for group growth in both the category of individual spiritual depth and numerical group multiplication.
- Offers creative solution to potential problems.
- Dreams with optimistic faith.
- Eager to enable volunteer staff to build the body of Christ through partnership.
- Eager to partner with parents in their role as the primary spiritual cultivators of their children.
- Eager to foster healthy relationships with our Elder Team. Willing to be led by that team as is situationally appropriate.
We value formal biblical education and/or training, as well as previous volunteer and/or vocational ministry experience. Salary to be determined based on experience and education.