Family Pastor at Mountain Bible Church
630 Maple St. Tehachapi CA
About the job
We have followed the CDC guidelines and local and state regulations to the best of our ability.
We are looking for a committed Christian leader with a passion for discipling families with the gospel. The ideal candidate can relate well with parents and children and adult volunteers. The role will require a candidate who is gifted in equipping families for ministry.
· Lead church in efforts to grow our demographics of young families.
· Reach unchurched families in our community with the gospel.
· Recruit, develop, and deploy new volunteers for the church’s youth and children’s ministry.
· Maintain a consistent and effect rotation of volunteers.
· Develop a Bible teaching calendar for the youth and children’s ministry that considers the full spiritual, physical, emotional, and mental needs of our community.
· Regularly teach the Bible on Sundays to our youth group with conviction, compassion, and care.
· Lead efforts to minister to the parenting needs of our church body.
· Weddings, funerals, counseling as needed.
· Incorporate MBC’s mission and vision into our family program.
· Be available to help speak/do announcements/preach in adult worship services as needed.
· Regularly report to the church’s leadership about developments in the family ministry.
· Work with the senior pastor to develop a strategy for growing our ministry to families.
· Oversee Summer camping activities for youth to participate in and other retreats.
· Plan and organize Wednesday night youth activities and service projects for the city.
· Regularly look for ways for the youth to serve in short-term mission’s experiences.
· Participate in all staff meetings.
· Other duties as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree. Master of divinity preferred.
· A commitment to our doctrinal statements.
· At least 4 years of ministry experience.
· Strong ability to lead people of varying ethnicities, social-economic levels, and generations.
· A desire to teach and mentor young adults in biblical truth.
· Must pass a background check.
· A commitment to the mission and vision of the church.
· A calling to pastoral ministry.
· A lifestyle congruent with the requirement for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13).