About the job
Provide pastoral leadership and oversight for all aspects of the Student and Children’s Ministry at Mount Carmel Baptist Church. Ensuring that students can know and follow Jesus Christ.
· He must be in agreement with, and embrace, both publicly and privately, the MCBC statement of faith, membership covenant, and vision statement.
· He must embrace the SBC’s views of reformed theology, baptism by immersion, complementarianism, understanding of marriage.
· Create and execute a long-term church aligned vision for Mount Carmel Baptist Church’s student and children ministries.
· Invest and engage relationally with students. The majority of the time spent engaging with students will be in the youth (6th-12th grade) department. The majority of the time spent engaging with the children’s ministry will be in planning content and ensuring leaders are scheduled and equipped to serve in the nursery, children’s church services, and Wednesday evening children’s ministry.
· Lead and organize effective student and children’s programs implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities.
· Recruit, train and shepherd volunteers with diverse gifts and personalities.
· Promote an environment where students feel connected to each other as a church family; where each student is valued and celebrated.
· Seek to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries.
· Support Mount Carmel Baptist Church parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles, in concert with other pastoral staff.
· Provide biblical counseling and spiritual direction to team leaders and students on an individual basis as needed
· Create fun and meaningful opportunities for all youth and children to connect and grow together.
· Ensure safe and healthy classroom/small group environments
· Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities. Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
· Provide clear weekly communication to youth, children, and parents of events/activities.
· Explore and implement outreach events to connect students and families in the local community to our church community. Foster cross collaboration between ministries and area churches
· Promote the unity, direction and vision of Mount Carmel Baptist Church by participating in staff and leadership meetings.
· Develop a full year calendar that will accomplish our mission and vision as a ministry as well as complement our mission and vision as a church.
· Carefully plan and manage the Youth Ministry budgets
· Stay current with youth ministry practices by reading, attending youth leadership conferences, etc.
· Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor according to the needs of the body of Christ.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2964
Mount Carmel Baptist Church
1205 SW Mount Carmel Ave
Lake City, Florida 32024
Mount Carmel Baptist Church