About the job
Morello Hills Christian Church is currently hiring several part time positions, any two of which could be turned into one full time position with the right candidate! Search Church Jobs Online for us for other positions.
Part-time exempt, 25-30 hours/week + Special Events.
$30,000/year salary + stipend for special events.
The Youth Director exists to serve the church by:
1. Providing Junior Highers and High Schoolers with a fun, safe, and supportive place for their age group and their peers through weekly small groups and mentoring.
2. Leading these age groups with the Great Commision (Matt 28:18-20) in mind.
3. Loving and supporting these age groups through these intense life stages by being focused on Jesus' new command (John 13:34).
4. Reaching out to and supporting the parents and families of these age groups.
Reports directly to Lead Pastor.
Works with Elders and Deacons.
Shepherding and supporting the people and families of these age groups.
1. Create, maintain, and grow fun, safe, and supportive midweek age-based small groups, both spiritually and numerically.
2. Administrate groups in ways that are fun and supportive for each age group's life stage, with the primary focus always on their spiritual growth.
3. Have a vision for spiritual growth steps at each age group transition from child to Junior High, Junior High to High School, and High School to Young Adult.
4. Have all staff, including self, life screened/background checked and on file with Church Administrator.
5. Actively recruit helpers, help complete background checks, train and supervise adult coleaders for these age groups.
6. Have a vision for adult led mentoriing and support for every person in these age groups.
7. Always behave appropriately, with special care given to appropriate interactions with your oppositely gendered youth and young adult. Train staff to do the same.
8. Participate in the leadership of special events (Live Nativity, Summer and Winter Camps, Christian Concerts, other outings) with stipends paid for weeklong events.
9. Have a vision for co-laboring in unity with all other ministries and people at MHCC to create an environment all people - attendees and staff - can spiritually grow and thrive in.
10. Regularly attend Sunday worship services as one of the service leaders.
11. Participate in regular Deacon (Board) meetings.
12. Other duties as they arise.