About the job
In light of COVID-19, people are required to wear masks in worship and all in-person meetings.
We are currently seeking an English Ministry Pastor (ordained) or minister (unordained) who has a calling to shepherd the flock, a gifting to preach the Word of God, a heart for the lost, and a passion to make disciples amongst Asian American families, career adults, and youth along with the diverse communities in which we live and serve.
The English Ministry (EM) Pastor’s role will be to lead and shepherd the English speaking congregation and build up ministry for high school and college age students. The EM Pastor will be part of the MPCBC staff (including the Cantonese /Senior Pastor and the Mandarin Pastor) under the guidance and direction of the Senior Pastor.
Education: Graduate level seminary training, completed M.Div. preferred, but will consider a candidate who is still in seminary.
-Must be a Born-Again Christian.
-Be experienced in working with both youth and families.
-Have a creative, missional mindset; conduct effective ministry trainings; and be committed to a small group ministry philosophy.
-Have an understanding of Asian-American culture and experience in a multi-staff church will be a plus.
-At least 2 years pastoral ministry experience preferred.
Ministry Style: Must be a “people person” with strong interpersonal and communication skills and a team player who is comfortable functioning within a multi-staff, multi-lingual/cultural church environment.
Spiritual Gifts: Must be strong evangelism and teaching, and have passion to develop disciples.
Doctrines: Must be in full agreement with MPCBC (Connect) doctrine and practice: https://mpcbc.net/english/what-we-believe/
The English Pastor would be expected to fulfill the following roles.
-Provide leadership and direction in the English ministry consistent with the over-arching vision and direction of MPCBC.
-Re-establish the Youth and College ministries which include leading small group Bible Studies, and Fellowships.
-Train, develop, and empower leaders to live Spirit-filled lives utilizing their gifts to do the work of the ministry. Manage ministry administrative matters with the help of lay team-members.
• Teaching & Preaching
- Be the main regular preacher for Sunday preaching. Teach biblically and relevantly in the English service to equip the flock for growing in Gospel-transformed lives.
- Advise the English Sunday School team, by helping to coordinate its teaching. Initiate and coordinate trainings to equip, inspire, and mobilize people to become competent lay ministers who can make impact for Christ inside and outside of the church.
• Family Ministry & Pastoral Counseling
- Conduct pastoral and pre-marital counseling or refer church members to professional counseling as needed.
- Coordinate with other congregations to develop meaningful family ministry catering for the English speaking members.
• Missions & Evangelism
-Equip and motivate the English-speaking members to witness for Christ and serve the community in an intentional, culturally-relevant way.