About the job
The pastor, as God’s appointed shepherd should have their first responsibility a personal relationship to God as outlined in Romans 12:1 and 2. The pastor's second responsibility is to their family. As a shepherd to the church, the pastor shall devote their time to the work of the church, administration of the ordinances, and the preaching of the word. The pastor shall, with great patience, be ready to reprove, rebuke, and exhort to maintain spiritual unity, and to rightly divide the Word of Truth (I Timothy 3:1-7; 4:12-15; 2 Timothy 2:15, Titus 1:7-9).
• Pastoral Ministry College Degree or Ordination by a church of like faith and practice required
• Able to preach, disciple, and teach
• A prayer warrior
• Able to love and shepherd the flock
• Committed to the inerrancy, authority, and literal interpretation of the Holy Bible
• Good Reputation
• Sober-minded and self-controlled
• Hospitable and works well with others
• Not obsessed with money
• Manages own household well
1. Pastor shall preach the Gospel regularly and shall be required to preach the whole counsel of the Word of God as the Lord leads. The pastor shall administer the ordinances of the church, act as moderator at all church meetings for the transaction of church matters, supervise the teaching ministries of the church, and tenderly watch over the spiritual interests of the membership.
2. The pastor shall spend time in prayer and personal Bible study so that they may experience spiritual growth and educational development in personal life and ministry.
3. The pastor shall be available for personal counseling of the members and friends of the church.
4. The pastor shall regularly visit the members and friends of the church.
5. The pastor shall perform their duties through cooperation with various lay leaders and church staff. Furthermore, the pastor shall coordinate the staff and lay leaders in such a manner that encourages their participation in the regular services of the church.
6. The pastor shall supervise all paid staff of the church. The pastor shall cooperate with the trustees in their supervision of the custodian.
7. The pastor is encouraged to attend an annual conference each year in the eastern US.