About the job
Mission Northwest is seeking candidates for the position of Senior Pastor of Church on the Rock, Oak Harbor, WA. The Senior Pastor leads the congregation to accomplish its mission by teaching Biblical truth, casting vision and advancing the mission. The Pastor advises the board by guiding its discussion of mission and boundary principles. The Pastor leads the staff by directing them in their management of all church operations. With regard to job retention and approval of major decisions, the Pastor is accountable to the congregation. The Pastor recommends staff positions, direct the staff in compliance with the statement of practices as established by the board. The Senior Pastor is responsible for overseeing of staff.
While the senior pastor gives overall leadership to the church, the “members of the Body” are the ones the Lord intends to carry out the full mission of ministry with one another and in the world (Eph. 4:12). With his leadership the ministry board determines the mission, ministry and policies for the church. This balance of roles cannot be emphasized enough. If either the pastor or the congregation fails to fulfill their appointed roles, the ministry of Christ’s chosen instrument in the word falters.
· Primary preacher for Sunday worship service
· Actively oversee all ministries while adhering to the church vision, mission and by-laws to achieve the church goals
· Advise, coordinate, evaluate and consult Ministry leaders to achieve mutually agreed upon goals.
· Responsive to the leading of the Holy Spirit, aligning with the church mission and goals
· Set measurable goals with approval and assessment by the Ministry Board every year
· Coordinate and lead staff meetings as needed
· Actively guide and encourage members into ministries and leadership
The Senior Pastor must understand and proclaim the Word of God and have a heart for service. Biblical understanding is a must. Ordination is preferred but not required. If not ordained, the Senior Pastor should be willing to become ordained through the processes outlined by Mission Northwest. A Bachelor’s degree or higher is recommended.