About the job
About Mission Hills Church
Mission Hills is a 5-year old, non-denominational church start-up in Austin, TX. We currently have a pastoral residency opportunity that offers broad experience in coordinating missional outreach, worship programming, and community engagement. As we grow, we’d like to launch other local parish gatherings for worship. So, if someone also had interest in church planting, this role might be of interest as well.
One of the unique things about Mission Hills is our hope is to establish a culture for mission and build community around it. To that end, we encourage a disciple-making culture based on seven faith expressions called, Rhythms. These are tangible ways to form Christ within, leverage faith for the benefit of others, and offer a Living Faith to those closest. We also like to think of worship and "Tribes" as two sides of the same coin called church. Tribes are medium-sized groups (15-30 people) meeting a couple of times each month. Tribes are a “laboratory” to experiment with faith, community and mission.
Mission Hills is looking to nurture and develop the spiritual gifts of a man or woman for the next 12-24 months as a pastoral resident. Our goal is to host, train, and invest in an individual, so that they might be equipped to raise up leaders, lead a church or ministry, and continue to make disciples of Jesus Christ.
We’ll craft your residency around your talents and spiritual gifts while also allowing you to test out your abilities in new areas. We will train you up to be a great generalist in ministry. This could look like:
1. Meeting with an individual for discipleship & leadership coaching
2. Programming & preaching for a multi-generational service.
3. Planning for a missional, multi-cultural event
4. Leading an area of ministry where you shepherd & learn to speak into the life of people.
5. Creating a social media campaign while managing the Mission Hills database
1. A passionate, growing relationship with Jesus that is evidenced by the fruit of the Spirit.
2. You’re faithful, available, take initiative, teachable, and are humble.
3. Committed to personal evangelism and living on mission.
4. Agreement with historic, orthodox Christian doctrine laid out in the Nicene Creed and Apostles’ Creed.
5. Willingness to submit to the leadership of Mission Hills Church.
Partnering with Reliant Missions (reliant.org) you will support-raise your annual salary. You will be appropriately and thoroughly trained over a four-day period in the practical skills of support-raising while also being educated and grounded in the biblical perspective of support-raising. Following the training you will be professionally coached throughout your support-raising journey.
Mission Hills Church will contribute a financial gift towards your annual salary. We believe it is important to support you in this endeavor to the best of our ability.
June 20, 2021 - Final Application Deadline
August 2021 - Support-Raising Training
August - December 2021 - Support-Raising Window
January 3, 2022 - Your Residency Begins
How to Apply
If you are interested in talking with someone before applying email email@example.com. We would very much like the opportunity to get to know you.
Apply here: https://apply.reliant.org/prog/internresident/. When prompted in the application for which church you will work with, please, indicate “TX – Mission Hills”.