About the job
ABOUT MISSIO DEI CHICAGO
Missio Dei Lincoln Square started in 2013 as a congregational plant of Missio Dei Chicago. Missio Dei Chicago is a church made up of congregations rallying around the singular vision of joining God as He makes all things new in the city of Chicago. Each congregation is committed to making disciples of Jesus in its context by intentionally engaging the holistic needs of their neighbors and neighborhoods. Missio Dei is a neighborhood focused, elder led, missional church in Chicago. Each neighborhood congregation has its own budget, elders, deacons, and leadership teams that care for the spiritual direction of its people and make every effort to see people trust in Jesus with their lives. Missio Dei holds to the essential Christian doctrines as best expressed in the Apostles’ Creed and the Nicene Creed.
This person will report directly to Brian Fulton, working closely alongside him to lead the congregation towards its vision, mission, and values. The candidate will help lead a church that has become a safe place for people to explore faith. We are looking for a spirit led leader, and collaborator who is energized by working with people from a variety of backgrounds. A strong ability to lead worship and train others is required. This role is a part-time salaried position.
• Completed bachelor's degree and experience in urban church context preferred.
• WORSHIP LEAD - Lead our congregation in worship with the goal to recruit and equip others to lead.
• LEADERSHIP - Recruit, train, facilitate practice and empower worship leaders and musicians at Missio Dei Lincoln Square. Plan and implement worship team meetings and care for team members well. Provide musical direction and vision for the worship team, incorporating diverse styles of worship and encouraging team members’ development.
• ADMINISTRATION - Help organize Sunday services. Schedule and communicate with worship leaders and musicians while working closely with sound, graphic, setup and teardown teams.
• COLLABORATION - We desire to empower the right candidate in other gifts they desire to exercise, whether it be preaching on Sundays, outreach, justice & mercy ministry, pastoral care, etc.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: If you are interested in being part of Missio Dei Lincoln Square, we invite you to submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
• Hours: Approximately 10 hours/week
• Goal Start Date: June 1st, 2022
• Salary: Depends on experience
• Reports to: Brian Fulton, Congregational Lead
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2029