About the job
Missio (missiocc.org) is a 3-year-old church plant in the ECO Presbytery denomination that seeks to help people explore faith and encounter truth in Jesus Christ. The worship leader/coordinator plays a crucial role in equipping and releasing God’s people in worship. We seek to design worship that is Reformed, local, and participatory, and which includes members of our missional communities as worship assistants.
A. Committed relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
B. heart to worship God and engage others – both believers and skeptics – in the greatness of our Lord
C. Experience in leading and coaching worship teams, including newer musicians
D. Familiarity with hymns, contemporary choruses, and liturgy
E. Experience planning and leading seasonal worship services (such as Advent & Lent)
F. College graduate with some biblical training preferred
Compensation: 10 hours/week, salary $18-25/hour depending on experience
1. Model and practice a Christ-centered, balanced lifestyle that includes personal spiritual disciplines
2. Together with the Pastor and worship assistants, lead the congregation into an authentic encounter with God in worship.
• Meet regularly with the Pastor to design, implement and evaluate weekly worship services that are God-honoring, participatory, accessible to skeptics, and Reformed in ordering.
• Select music, Scripture, and liturgical elements that reinforce the theme of the sermon.
• Recruit and train worship assistants from the missional communities to creatively bear witness to God’s action during the week.
3. Recruit and equip a worship team(s) to lead in weekly worship - teams of people who are themselves growing as worshipers. Build authentic community among the team, lead rehearsals.
4. Work with volunteers to oversee the sound tech and PowerPoint teams.
5. Participate in the life of the church as an active disciple.