About the job
Missio (missiocc.org) is a three-year-old church plant in the ECO Presbyterian denomination that seeks to help people explore faith and encounter truth in Jesus Christ. The Minister of Discipleship helps grow individuals and groups to spiritual maturity and missional outreach. Our congregation is called to reach out to the Caltech and Fuller communities, to advocate for racial justice in Pasadena, and to plant churches.
- Committed and growing relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Personal commitment to model a missional lifestyle that equips the congregation to point to Christ where they live, learn, and work
- Experience discipling individuals and leading spiritual growth groups
- Strong relational and team-building skills
- College graduate with biblical training and interest in church planting
Compensation: 15 hrs/week, $16,000-$20,000 per year depending on experience
- Model and practice a Christ-centered, balanced lifestyle that includes personal spiritual disciplines.
- Together with the Pastor and Leadership Team, lead the congregation towards spiritual and relational maturity.
--Spiritual growth: Meet with individuals to help them grow in Christ and develop spiritual practices.
--Neighborhood Groups: Equip and coach Neighborhood Group leaders to effectively disciple their groups towards maturity and mission.
--Leadership Development: Invest in leaders who can disciple their teams.
- Create regular contexts for the congregation to witness to Christ and embody justice in our community.
--Develop partnerships in the community that enable Neighborhood Groups and the congregation to love and serve their neighbors.
--Manage our communications channels including our website, social media, and newsletter to amplify our message to our community.
- Assist regularly in worship through prayer and preaching.
- Participate in staff meetings and in the life of the church as an active disciple.