Worship Director at Missio Commmunity Church
Pasadena, CA 91107
About the job
Missio (missiocc.org) is a 4-year-old church plant in the ECO Presbyterian denomination that seeks to help people explore faith and encounter truth in Jesus Christ. We are a church based around midweek Neighborhood Groups, have a vibrant ministry to Caltech and Fuller students, and are committed to racial justice in Pasadena. The worship leader plays a key role in leading worship that is thoughtful and participatory. To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Committed relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- A heart to worship God and engage others – both believers and skeptics – in the greatness of our Lord
- Experience in leading and coaching worship teams
- Familiarity with both contemporary choruses and hymns
- Experience planning and leading seasonal worship services (such as Advent & Lent)
- College graduate with some biblical training preferred
Compensation: 6 hours per week, $750 per month
- Model and practice a Christ-centered, balanced lifestyle that includes personal spiritual disciplines
- In collaboration with the Pastor, select contemporary choruses and hymns that lead the congregation into an authentic encounter with God in worship and reinforce the themes of the sermon.
- Lead the worship team rehearsal on Sunday mornings prior to the worship service and lead the congregation in worship at the 10am service.
- Coordinate with volunteers who oversee the sound system and PowerPoint.