About the job
PURPOSE: The Creative Director will be responsible for leading Lifesong Church’s creative design and communication efforts in order to effectively foster the engagement of those who are far from God and help those we have the privilege of serving progress in their journey to Know God, Live in Freedom, Discover Purpose, and Deliver Hope.
REPORTS TO: Executive Pastor
- Oversee the creation and delivery of all graphic design and video production for marketing, communication, and ministry execution.
- Oversee the development and execution of Lifesong’s social media strategy to leverage the relevant platforms for fostering community and involvement among those within our church as well as increasing exposure and engagement among those in our region who don’t yet have a church home.
- Oversee the development and utilization of our website and applicable mobile apps and tools to maximize their potential for allowing those in our church to stay connected, informed, and progressing in their discipleship journey while also providing an inviting and effective digital front door for those outside our church.
- Oversee the development and facilitation of our email and text communications for the purpose of sharing vision, inspiring engagement, and fostering discipleship.
- Spearhead the development and execution of marketing strategies to effectively reach those in our community not yet connected to a church.
- Stay on the cutting edge of what is trending for creative design and communication in order to help Lifesong remain current, relevant, and effective in how we leverage creative arts and the associated tools.
- Work directly with the Lead Pastor and Executive Pastor to shape Creative ministry vision and strategy.
- Collaborate with all levels of staff to maintain alignment and advancement in representing the face of Lifesong Church at various levels of visibility and function.
- Directly lead, manage, and hold accountable all Creative departmental staff in carrying out established ministry vision and strategy.
- Ensure the effective building, training, and leading of required serve teams.
- Build and manage the Creative budget and ensure its proper stewardship.
- Track key performance indicators and conduct regular reviews to drive continuous improvement.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- An aptitude for creative design
- Experience in relevant design tools and production environments
- Proven experience identifying and developing leaders as well as building and leading teams
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Strong project management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred