About the job
The Director of Youth Ministries will provide leadership to nurture an authentic faith in God in our youth, 6th to 12th grades, to help them realize God created them, loves them, and has a purpose for them as they live their lives in God’s mission in the world-locally and globally-so that Holland’s Church can more intentionally and faithfully live into our mission to “Love God, Love Others, Serve with Joy!”
Personal and Spiritual:
- Profess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Full engagement in active Christian lifestyle and discipleship, including regular worship attendance, small group participation, lifestyle of generosity, and serving out of call and giftedness
- Is in full alignment with / support of the vision and direction of Holland’s Church, an evangelical, Global Methodist Church.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement the ongoing ministries for youth including, but not limited to Youth Group meetings, Middle School and High School Sunday School, Bible Study opportunities, and other educational events as needed.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement the special events including, but not limited to, the Confirmation process, Retreats, Discovery, Graduate Recognition Sunday, and other events involving youth as needed.
- Assist with scheduling of teachers and selection of curriculum for Middle School and High School Sunday School.
- Support the associated ministries for youth such as Appalachian Service Project, missions and music ministries.
- Actively pursue outreach opportunities to draw families into the life of Holland’s Church so that they may experience the grace of Christ.
- Promote participation in district and conference youth events.
- Recruit, develop, and support leadership among Youth Ministries’ adult volunteers and youth.
- Develop and implement new ministry opportunities, with the counsel of the appointed pastors and the Youth Ministry Team, to enhance and grow Youth Ministries.
- Plan and implement an annual parent orientation to Holland’s Youth Ministries.
- Chair the Safe Sanctuaries Committee and implement the Safe Sanctuaries policy and procedures for Youth Ministries.
- Maintain up-to-date contact information, medical information, etc. for youth and their families.
- Develop and maintain a youth ministry budget with guidance by the Financial Associate.
- Attend weekly Ministry Support Team (MST) meetings.
- Participate in planning meetings and opportunities of any group that involve the youth of the church.
- Ensure that all information concerning youth ministry and associated ministries/missions are publicized to the youth and the congregation through various channels including, but not limited to, monthly church newsletter, worship bulletins and Holland’s Church and Holland’s Youth social media.
- Serve as the primary resource person to youth and their families on issues of youth and faith including visitation and limited open-door counseling.
- Respond to guests with youth in grades 6-12.
- Serve on Church Council as a member on the Youth Ministry Team (as Staff Liaison); keep the Church Council informed on the vision and ministries taking place in your work area.
- Work closely with other staff in planning and coordinating ministry.
- The Director of Youth Ministries reports to the lead pastor.
Education, Experience, and Qualification Requirements:
- Clear Background check, state and national
- Possesses the ability and desire to work with children, youth, and adults
- Desires to be part of a team ministry. Experience working in a group environment preferred
- Communicates clearly and effectively in verbal and written form
- Model standards and expectations of Christian leadership, including positivity and professionalism
- Possesses the skills to recruit and equip volunteers in the Youth Ministry
- Educational background or experience with children and/or youth.
- Degree preferred.
- Church-related work (either as an employee or a volunteer) preferred
Strong organizational skills
- Self-motivated and ability to perform tasks independently
- Demonstrated knowledge of and a willingness to learn technology platforms and software, including social media; evidence of appropriate use and application of technology to support the Youth Ministry
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Package