About the job
Purpose: Assist the Program Director as part of a team to provide office support and direct care support to children in care. Must have a passion for helping disadvantaged children and help create a safe, stable environment where children can work through individual plans of care.
- Assist with admissions process.
- Help coordinate medical, counseling, tutoring, and extracurricular appointments.
- Assist with development, implementation, and monitoring of individual plans of care.
- Assist with coordinating volunteer activities.
- May be involved with a variety of other responsibilities: campus tours, event planning, etc.
- Assist with annual licensing inspection.
- Position requires a commitment to administrative duties (reports, filing, other admin tasks).
- Perform other duties as needed across campus.
- Ability to work extended hours during peak season, November-January, and other times, as needed.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office 360 (particularly Word and Excel).
- Passion to work with children.
- Good character, health, and emotional stability.
- Agree with Calvary Children’s Home Statement of Faith.
- Flexible and adaptable. Able to adjust to sudden schedule and responsibility changes.
- Able to learn, develop, and put into practice discipline and behavior management skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Be at least 21, have a valid driver’s license.
- High school graduate or 4-year college degree, or related professional experience (college seniors seeking employment upon graduation may apply).
- Written spiritual and personal references.
- Background check must be passed.
- Good physical health and emotional maturity.
- Willing and helpful attitude and spirit. Ability to recognize what needs to be done and willing to jump in and tackle tasks as they arise, regardless of how it relates to job description.
- Availability to work overtime during peak season (November - January).