About the job
MinistryHub is honored to partner with First Christian Church (FCC) in their search for an Associate Pastor/Family Ministry Pastor. Please direct all applications through MinistryHub and any inquiries to [email protected].
First Christian Church (FCC)
Geary, Oklahoma 73040
Denomination: First Christian Church (Independent)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Type: Salary, Generous Benefits and Housing Stipend
Leading parents, students, and children to connect with Jesus, His people and His purposes by sustaining and further developing a comprehensive approach to family ministry that reflects the core values and vision of First Christian Church while serving as a spiritual leader and positive Christian role model.
Full-time, as arranged with the Senior Pastor and FCC Personnel Committee. Evening and weekend hours required.
Supervision and Evaluation:
Reports to the Senior Pastor and to the FCC Personnel Committee.
General Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Develops strong Christ-centered relationships with youth (grades 6-12) from FCC and the greater community and their families through planned and purposeful interactions.
- Actively partners with local schools to serve students, teachers and provide an active, pastoral presence in the student community
- Plans, organizes, and leads youth activities including weekly youth group, weekly Bible studies, community outreach programs (e.g., weekly after-school program, summer camp/retreats, mission projects (locally and globally), fundraising events, group outings).
- Supports extracurricular activities of youth and provides pastoral care as needed.
- Plans and distributes lessons/curriculum for middle and high school Sunday School classes and assists in recruiting Sunday School teachers.
- Plans, leads, and provides spiritual and educational guidance to youth in the Confirmation Program.
- Interacts with Children's Ministry and students (grades K-5) to build relationships and facilitate a close connection and transition to Youth Ministry.
- Provides support to the Children's Ministry team, as needed, including delivering or coordinating weekly children's sermon during Sunday services and providing guidance/input of Sunday School curriculum for grades K-5 to create cohesive youth teachings.
- Plans and Supports Vacation Bible School, to include recruitment and coordination of volunteers, adult, middle school and high school youth and by teaching and organizing VBS.
- Preach throughout the year on Sunday mornings
- Assists in outreach and pastoral care to visitors, members and the community
- Support the Senior Pastor as requested in other weekly responsibilities, service planning, and special events
- Provides regular and timely communication of upcoming activities and events through church-wide communication.
- Promotes robust participation both within and beyond FCC using social, digital, and traditional media.
- Implements and upholds "Safe Sanctuary" policy throughout FCC.
- Recruits and develops a strong Adult Leadership Team for Family Ministries; schedules and facilitates regular meetings and invests in volunteers.
- Attends all staff meetings
- Attends all Board meetings and presents a prepared monthly report.
- Attends all personnel meetings when requested to do so.
Opportunities for Growth & Development
We are excited to invest in our next leader and provide opportunities for their growth as a pastor. The right person in this position would have the opportunity to...
- Attend yearly seminars and other programs to strengthen faith and abilities.
- Potentially step into a track towards succession as our future Senior Pastor
- Evident and genuine faith in Christ, God-honoring life, and passion for the local church.
- Commitment to support our Christian faith community, The Discipline and the policies of the FCC.
- Agreement with Reformation Movement theology and its integration in practice of youth ministry.
- Bachelor’s degree, in theology or related field is preferred
- Good judgement and ability to interact with a diverse group of people (internal and external).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills accompanied by a positive attitude with young students in the church.
- Ability and comfort with computer and creativity skills in designing new and engaging ways for students to learn about life in Christ.
- Experience working with children and ability to deal with and relate to young people by earning their respect and trust.
- Growing understanding of the challenges and needs of teenagers and adolescents.
- Excellent organization and supervision skills.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Developing fruitful and biblically faithful approach and practice of preaching and teaching Scripture.
- Salary based on experience and education.
- Generous benefits include health insurance, paid vacation, and an allotment for housing assistance.