About the job
MinistryHub is honored to partner with Vineyard Church of Elgin in their search for a Worship & Communications Director. Please direct all applications through MinistryHub and any inquiries to [email protected].
Who We Are
Vineyard Church of Elgin (VCE) is a church planted in the heart of downtown Elgin, IL. Our church joined the Vineyard in January of 1990. Our denomination is a Spirit-filled evangelical, Bible believing, church-planting community of believers that meet all over the world.
At Elgin, our vision is to connect our generation to The Father's heart. We're a highly relational church that is passionate about serving people from all walks of life. Our church feels like family, and all are welcome to join in to experience God's love for themselves. VCE is a multi-generational and multi-ethnic community of Jesus lovers. We are excited about your interest in joining us!
Worship & Communications Director, Full-time 40 hrs.
Who We're Looking For
- The Worship and Communications Director will be:
- Passionate about Jesus and the Church (local and global)
- Hungry to participate in daily life with VCE staff and community
- Teachable and excited to learn
- Open to being discipled and challenged toward a closer walk with Jesus
- Excited to pastor and lead in all areas pertaining to the Worship Ministry and Communications at VCE.
The Worship and Communications Director will have:
- 1-3 years of ministry experience in a related role
- Proficiency in vocals and either guitar or piano
- Proficiency in basic Worship Management Programs
- Planning Center, Songselect, Propresenter 7
- Proficiency in recruiting, training, and managing teams of volunteers in all areas of worship ministry
- Scheduling, onboarding, and creating opportunities for volunteer growth and development
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong graphic design and web design skills
- Ability to build a social media presence
- Planning & personal prep (prayer & music selection for the service)
- Scheduling & logistics (scheduling/notifying volunteers, “look-ahead” service planning, stage setup, and management of Planning Center)
- Meetings through the week (staff)
- Midweek rehearsal
- Sunday morning responsibilities (leading rehearsal, running preservice meetings, executing programming)
- Extra programming (Good Friday, Easter, Worship Nights, Leader Mtgs, Conferences, etc
Communications Tasks (20 hrs)
- Write and send out The Midweek (email newsletter) every Wed.
- Create or work with a volunteer to create preservice slides
- Create sermon slides requested by Tom
- Assemble and organize slides needed for each service
- Manage social media (FB only at this point, but it would be great to expand)
- Modify slides for monthly posters
- Create monthly events handout
- Create other handouts: postcards, brochures, flyers, other print items
- Write and submit press releases to the newspaper (Daily Herald)
- Write/send VCE Bulletin Board (email ads, notices); update/maintain website; update/maintain mobile app; schedule Upcoming Events for website and app; take photos and manage photo library; edit/proofread outgoing communication from staff; manage public Google profile for the church
Compensation & Benefits
Will be discussed upon receiving an application.