About the job
MinistryHub is honored to partner with Fellowship Bible Church in their search for a Pastor of Congregational Care. Please direct all applications through MinistryHub and any inquiries to [email protected].
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- To oversee congregational care of the whole person for both campuses of Fellowship Bible Church
- Lead and empower lay leaders and volunteer teams for care ministry, providing guidance, training, and ongoing support.
- Shepherding the body through significant spiritual milestones
- To oversee the partnership with and resourcing of the Counseling Center at Fellowship
Executive Pastor, Outreach & Ministry Strategy
Oversee Congregational Care of the whole person for both Campuses of Fellowship Bible Church
- Design and maintain a congregational care model that aligns with the mission and values of FBC:
- Helping ministry areas develop systems of care for their volunteers and the people the ministry serves.
- Lead our staff in development and training in care and shepherding of the congregation.
- Caring for the whole person; physical needs, emotional, mental, and spiritual needs.
- Manage the development and implementation for providing comprehensive congregational care for the whole person and support processes including the following:
- Wedding and Funeral Coordination
- Prayer Ministry
- Visitation for infirmed and shut-ins
- Individual and Family Crisis
- Fellowship Group Care
- Exploration of a potential recovery ministry at Fellowship with strong lay leadership, and group-based ministries of care such as grief share, that comes alongside people to find support in times of need.
- Utilize supporting systems, such as church management system, for accurate data management and timely reporting.
- Create an annual departmental budget and manage expenditure accordingly.
In pursuit of our vision: Lead and empower lay leaders and volunteer teams for care ministry, providing guidance, training, and ongoing support.
- Oversee the training and development of leaders and volunteers to participate in the ministry of congregational care.
- Lead and direct volunteer teams within care ministry, ensuring they are continually supported, equipped, and empowered to serve the congregation effectively.
- Through these teams and leaders foster a culture of compassion, empathy, and relational care within the church.
- Many teams do not yet exist and need to be developed, leaders recruited, and systems and processes built out.
Shepherding the congregation through significant spiritual milestones:
- Oversee current processes and design new systems and processes to help shepherd individuals through significant milestones in their faith i.e., conversion, baptism, child dedications, funerals.
- Oversee the response and follow up with new believers, developing people who are dedicated to walking alongside them and discipling them.
- Curate resources, classes and workshops to help individuals and families navigate these milestones and deepen their faith.
- Collaborate with ministries and ministry leaders to ensure seamless integration of milestones within the broader church community.
Oversee the Partnership with and resourcing of The Counseling Center at Fellowship
- Manage the relationship with the counseling center director.
- Ensure the objectives set forth in the counseling center contract are met.
- Perform periodic review of the counseling center operations to ensure continued alignment with church mission and theology.
- Develop and maintain the budget for counseling benevolence.
- Develop and maintain a process for distributing need-based counseling benevolence to the members and regular attenders of Fellowship.
- Ensure that we as a whole are offering biblically based pastoral counseling and guidance to individuals and families.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrates personal relationship with Jesus through the Four Practices
- Committed to the Mission, Core Values, and Staff BEhaviors, of Fellowship Bible Church
- Bachelor's Degree with a relevant concentration such as biblical studies or theology required.
- Proven experience in providing pastoral care, counsel, and support to individuals and families. Ability to apply biblical framework to real-life situations, helping people follow Jesus in the midst of all circumstances.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in ministry leadership capacity, preferably in pastoral care.
- Demonstration of a Spirit Filled life, a gifting in discernment and wisdom, meets the qualification of deacons according to the scriptures.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills can relate to people from diverse backgrounds and build meaningful connections leading with love and empathy.
- Strong organization and administrative leadership, including the ability to develop systems and processes.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and maintain appropriate professional boundaries.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, church management software preferred.