Production Director at Menlo Park Presbyterian Church
Menlo Park, CA
About the job
Production Director - Menlo Park Presbyterian Church
Position Title: Production Director
Department / Location: Weekend Experience/Central
Supervisor: Worship Leader
Direct Reports: None
Date of Submission or Revision: 9.9.22
Date of Approval: 9.18.22
Menlo is a multisite church in the San Francisco Bay area and a member of ECO: A Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians. The church is looking for a new Production Director to join the Central Weekend Experience Team. The role consists of supporting all ministries and locations in a matrix organization. The candidate will report directly to the Worship Leader, collaborate with the rest of the Weekend Experience Team, and support all campuses.
Own all technical aspects of weekend services at Menlo Park.
Direct video or mix audio most weekends from the broadcast campus.
Lead the volunteer production team at the Menlo Park broadcast campus. Responsible for recruiting, training, and scheduling volunteers.
Work with Central Production Director to design and support technical aspects for all Menlo worship environments.
Manage the technical and creative aspects of production, including set up & tear down, cameras, lighting, and design for various production environments and scenarios.
Assist Menlo Park worship team in some areas, including but not limited to Ableton tracks, scheduling & onboarding of musicians, auditions, and if skills allow, occasionally leading worship.
Set up the Menlo Park stage for weekend services and events and maintain its cleanliness and organization between events. Manage and perform maintenance schedules for all Menlo Park event spaces.
Participate in weekly Menlo Park campus staff meetings and weekend-planning meetings.
Collaborate with campus worship teams to provide training and technical support as needed.
Support various all-church functions as needed.
Assist on occasion with video editing, audio recording, and slide creation.
Develop and maintain positive working relationships by actively living out and championing our staff values of humility & accountability, candor & compassion, and fun & interdependence.
Additional duties and special projects as assigned by the Production Director.
This position is eligible in applying for Menlo ministerial licensing and approved if qualified.
PLEASE NOTE: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience
• Strong project management skills
• Minimum 2-years’ experience in a live production environment
• Demonstrated ability recruiting, training, & developing volunteer teams
Preferred Education and Experience
• Experience with church production and/or worship teams
• Multisite church experience a plus
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Familiarity with Menlo Church
Knowledge and Skills
• Proficiency with professional audio, video, and lighting systems (i.e., Dante, MADI SDI, ArtNex, & DMX)
• Strong written and spoken communication skills
• Pastoral heart
• Knowledgeable about worship production best practices
• Familiarity with cinema and broadcast video cameras and switchers
• Team player with a positive attitude
• Proficiency with common production and office applications (i.e., ProPresenter, Planning Center Online, DashBoard, Office 365, Resi, & Premiere)
• Stand for prolonged amounts of time
• Walk, bend, twist, and kneel
• Climb up and down stairs
• Ability and comfort performing work up high, using the bucket/scissor lifts and tall ladders, not afraid of heights
• Finger and hand dexterity to operate cameras, computers, and lighting and production gear
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color vision, and peripheral vision; and the ability to adjust focus
• Lift and carry up to 50 pounds with or without assistance
• This position typically operates in a professional office or church environment with standard office equipment such as computers, printers, filing cabinets, and telephones
• Work in a setting with lots of large and small equipment, cables, stage lights, and other visual stimuli
• Schedule: Typically Sunday-Thursday with occasional Friday, Saturday, and evenings, as needed
• Effective November 1, 2021, all Menlo Staff will be required to abide by the Menlo COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Menlo Church Spiritual Requirements
• Must have an intimate, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
• Be committed to helping people find and follow Jesus
• Must be a committed disciple of Christ and committed to serving God and the body of Christ
• Must have compatible theology in alignment with ECO essential tenets
• Must be pursuing or active in a community of believers who can speak truth into your life
$72,000 - $111,000
Learn More and Apply at Christian Jobs Online.