About the job
The Director of Facilities will work as a cohesive member of our Central Facilities team, shaping how we steward our church facilities in a sustainable, safe, and cost-effective manner. The Director of Facilities plays a crucial role in the execution of the overall strategy, mission, and vision of Menlo Church. They support the staff and ministry of the church by overseeing the facilities through supervision and management of the following: outside vendors, building projects, day-to-day operations, and facilities staff and volunteers.
* Provides strategic management and direction of building space allocation and layout, space utilization, facility use, janitorial, and maintenance to central and campuses in partnership with the Director of Business Operations.
* Develop a strategy for California IIPP, OSHA, safety, security, and disaster recovery plans.
* Develops a strategic facility project plan of repairs, maintenance, programmatic remodeling and renovation, utilities repair and renovation, health, safety, environmental protection, land improvements, energy conservation, and aesthetic improvements.
* Initiates planned obsolescence maintenance programs for various equipment and mechanical components, including but not limited to, electrical, safety systems, and HVAC.
* Manage and lead the facilities team, including oversight of volunteer teams.
* Assists with developing and maintaining the annual facilities budget and Capital Expenditure projects using best practices to economize and reduce operating costs.
* Develop centralized procurement with supplies and professional services.
* Consult with Multi-Site Pastor and Director of Business of Operations with leasehold and building improvements, including lease obligations.
* Consult with CFO from COPF and Multi-Site Pastor with COPF Manses for eligible ministerial licensing staff.
* Oversee and inspect construction installation progress, when applicable.
* Gather high-capacity facilities volunteers and equip them for ministry. Lead, encourage, and develop volunteers through 1:1 and group interactions and Menlo’s leadership pipeline.
* Additional duties and special projects as assigned by the Director of Business Operations.
Required Education and Experience
* 4-6 years related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, or equivalent in demonstrated abilities.
* Demonstrated ability recruiting, training, and developing volunteer teams
* Bachelor’s Degree
* Master’s Degree, preferred
* Maintain a valid California driver’s license
* Intermediary computer skills and ability to learn new software and programs.
* Proficiency with common office applications and collaboration tools (i.e., Office 365, Zoom, PCO, e-SPACE)
Knowledge and Skills
* Spiritual gifts of service and hospitality
* Demonstrated skills in teamwork and communications
* Professional, courteous demeanor, enthusiastic, and self-motivated
* Ability to lift 50lbs. and be able to stand for a period of 5 hours.
* Team player and team builder with a focus on the vision of the whole church
* Practice safe work habits in compliance with OSHA standards
Menlo Church Spiritual Requirements
* An intimate, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
* Must be a committed disciple of Christ and committed to serving God and the body of Christ at Menlo Church
* Must have compatible theology in alignment with ECO essential tenets
* Must be pursuing or active in a community of believers who can speak truth into your life
Paygrade 9: Salary Range $99,000 - $154,000
Menlo Park Presbyterian Church
1111 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
Menlo Park, California 94025