About the job
Position Title: Campus Administrator
Department: Executive-General / South City
Supervisor: Campus Pastor, South City
Direct Reports: n/a
Classification: Temporary / Part-time 10-15 hours per week / Non-Exempt
Menlo Church is a multisite church in the San Francisco Bay area and a member of ECO: A Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians. Our South City campus is one of six locations throughout the Peninsula and South Bay. As we prepare to reopen our campuses, we are in immediate need of a temporary Campus Administrator to help us with all of the preparations and details necessary to welcome our congregation back onsite. During this season of transition, we will temporarily be meeting at our Menlo Church campus in San Mateo.
The Campus Administrator for our South City campus will provide administrative and logistical support as we collaborate with our San Mateo campus team, communicate with our congregation, and start scheduling in person services and events. You’ll work closely with our South City team and report directly to the South City Campus Pastor. In addition, you’ll collaborate with the Campus Administrators from other locations and have a dotted line reporting relationship to the Director of Administration & Special Projects for Central Ministries. All of our locations comprise one church where everyone is welcome, nobody’s perfect, and anything’s possible.
We are looking for someone who has the administrative experience necessary to hit the ground running, be able to anticipate needs, take initiative, and do whatever it takes behind the scenes to support all areas of our ministry. The Campus Administrator will need to be task focused and relational. You’ll help our Campus Pastor manage strategy, but you will own the granular details. Our Campus Pastor will rely on you to take his ideas and figure out all of the logistics and details necessary to execute and bring them to fruition. The Campus Administrator will frequently be the first point of contact, answering questions and connecting people with the appropriate staff, so, we need someone who has a servant’s heart and provides outstanding customer service.
Seasons of change and transition can be difficult for some people, but that’s exactly where Menlo Church is right now. We are looking for a professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment, takes direction from multiple people well, and can handle change and multiple ongoing projects and deadlines without getting flustered. Our ideal candidate will demonstrate high emotional intelligence, be a candid, clear communicator, gifted in administration, and handle conflict with grace. At Menlo Church, our staff is a team of humble, hopeful, and gritty Jesus-followers who do what we do so that people can find and follow Jesus.
1. Work as a cohesive unit with our South City staff.
2. Coordinate and support campus projects and events with the South City and San Mateo teams.
3. Responsible for collaborating with the Marketing & Communications Department to write and or edit communication for our South City team, including campus newsletters, updating the website, and social media.
4. Regularly meet with Campus Administrators from other locations to collaborate, support one another, and own ad hoc projects.
5. Assist the Campus Pastor with all administrative tasks, including managing calendars, scheduling meetings, assisting with the budget, processing invoices and other paperwork for Finance, and fielding questions and routing communications to the appropriate person.
6. Ensure Planning Center (PCO) is up to date and accurate. Serve as PCO resource and support for South City staff.
7. Manage multiple projects, prioritize tasks, and stay on top of deadlines.
8. Develop and maintain positive working relationships by actively living out and championing our staff values of being humble, hopeful, and gritty.
9. Additional duties and special projects as assigned by the Campus Pastor, South City.
PLEASE NOTE: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Minimum 2 years’ experience working in administrative field
· Demonstrated project management acumen
Preferred Education and Experience
· Some college
· Experience in customer service field
· Experience with event planning
· Familiarity with Menlo Church
Knowledge and Skills
· High Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
· Strong administrative and time management skills
· Type 45+ CWPM
· Proficiency with common office applications and collaboration tools, including Zoom and MS 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, & Teams)
· Ability to learn new software and programs
· Professional written and oral communication
· Basic understanding of budgets and expense reports
· Positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
· Comfort working with social media platforms such as FB and Instagram
· This job typically operates in a professional office or church environment with standard office equipment such as computers, printers, filing cabinets, and telephones
· During COVID, this position is primarily working remotely
· This position will typically work 10-15 hours per week, depending on ministry needs
· Days and hours are flexible but working onsite on Sundays will be required for the immediate future
· Typical workweek will likely include Mondays and Thursdays
Menlo Church Spiritual Requirements
· Must have an intimate, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
· Must be a committed disciple of Christ and committed to serving God and the body of Christ
· Must have compatible theology in alignment with ECO essential tenets
· Must be pursuing or active in a community of believers who can speak truth into your life