About the job
Position Title: Tear Down & Set Up Coordinator
Department: General / Mountain View
Supervisor: Campus Administrator, Mountain View
Direct Reports: n/a
Classification: Regular / Part-time 15-19 hours per week / Non-exempt
Every room at our Menlo Church Mountain View location is a multipurpose space. What may be a Kids’ classroom on Sunday becomes an adult meeting room on Tuesday. Our main Auditorium on Sunday becomes a gathering of table groups for Mothers Together during the week.
In addition, our Mountain View location is on the same premises with First Presbyterian Church. While it is a huge blessing to share a space with First Presbyterian and the related preschool, doing so requires additional support our other campuses don’t need. We need to set up and tear down the meeting spaces and children’s classrooms so that both Menlo programs and preschool classes can flow smoothly. We have a great relationship with First Presbyterian, and we want to ensure that continues.
To help us with this important function, we have created a part-time position for a Tear Down & Set Up Coordinator for our Mountain View campus of Menlo Church. The Tear Down & Set Up Coordinator is responsible for on-time room set ups and equipment staging. You will also help with the overall set up Sunday mornings, creating a warm and inviting environment. You will work with volunteers to set up and tear down the Auditorium before and after worship services, and you will take the lead setting up and tearing down tables and chairs for various gatherings throughout the week. Some of the mid-week gatherings are small and only require one or two tables. Others are large and may need a room full of tables and chairs. While our volunteers know the routine and help with the work, the Tear Down & Set Up Coordinator must have an eye for details, notice when something is out of place, and take the initiative to make sure it gets fixed.
Our ideal candidate will enjoy working in quiet and unseen ways, have a servant’s heart, and be committed to providing outstanding customer service. A successful Tear Down & Set up Coordinator will handle unexpected changes with grace and be willing to do whatever needs to get done. The Tear Down & Set Up Coordinator will serve as a Menlo representative, providing information regarding the location of various ministry events and activities to our guests. At Menlo Church, our staff is a team of humble, hopeful, and gritty Jesus-followers who do what we do so that people can find and follow Jesus.
- Work as a cohesive unit with our Mountain View campus team.
- Ensure resources are properly stored and staged for the next event.
- Ensure locations for events are prepared to the requestor’s specifications for all Mountain View campus events throughout the week.
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with First Presbyterian Church and preschool, communicating any questions, concerns, or issues as they come up.
- Ensure the classrooms and campus are secured and exactly as they should be when we leave.
- Provide outstanding customer service to guests and ministry partners by doing your job as unto the Lord, answering questions, and adapting to changing circumstances in a Jesus-like manner.
- Blow off and power wash sidewalks and patio areas prior to events as needed; occasional exterior window washing (ground floor) and light cleaning.
- Practice safe work habits in compliance with CalOSHA.
- Model and help enforce COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Report all safety concerns or known violations to the Campus Administrator and the Menlo Church Facilities Manager.
- Manage multiple projects, prioritize tasks, and intelligently delegate.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships by actively living out and championing our staff values of being humble, hopeful, and gritty.
- Additional duties and special projects as assigned by the Campus Administrator, Mountain View.
PLEASE NOTE: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience
• Demonstrated ability to create a safe, warm, and welcoming environment
Preferred Education and Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Experience working in the Customer Service industry
• Experience working in a team environment
Knowledge and Skills
• Positive and enthusiastic attitude
• Good interpersonal skills
• Team player willing to do whatever is needed
• Professional and courteous demeanor
• Intermediate computer skills to operate in a MS Office environment and learn specialized software programs
• Stand for prolonged amounts of time
• Walk, bend, twist, crouch, and kneel
• Finger and hand dexterity to manipulate small objects
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, and peripheral vision; and the ability to adjust focus
• Lift and carry up to 50 pounds
• This job typically operates in a church and classroom environment with standard office equipment such as computers, printers, filing cabinets, and telephones
• Days and hours of work vary depending on ministry needs
• This position will work a full 8-hours on Sundays and additional hours throughout the week
• This position will typically work 15-19 hours per week
Menlo Church Spiritual Requirements
• Must have an intimate, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
• Must be a committed disciple of Christ and committed to serving God and the body of Christ
• Must have compatible theology in alignment with ECO essential tenets
• Must be pursuing or active in a community of believers who can speak truth into your life