About the job
Position Title: Campus Administrator
Department: Executive-General / Mountain View
Supervisor: Campus Pastor, Mountain View
Direct Reports: n/a
Classification: Regular / Part-time 25 hours per week / Non-Exempt
Menlo Church is a multisite church in the San Francisco Bay area and a member of ECO: A Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians. Our Mountain View campus is one of six locations throughout the Peninsula and South Bay. The Campus Administrator for our Mountain View campus will provide administrative and logistical support to help our team serve our congregants and local community. Our Campus Administrator will work closely with and support the Mountain View staff and report directly to the Mountain View Campus Pastor. In addition, you’ll collaborate with the Campus Administrators from other locations and have a dotted line reporting relationship to the Director of Administration & Special Projects for Central Ministries. All of our locations comprise one church where everyone is welcome, nobody’s perfect, and anything’s possible.
The Campus Administrator will frequently be the first point of contact for inquiries during the week answering questions and connecting people with the appropriate staff, so we need someone who provides outstanding customer service. We are looking for someone who has the administrative experience to anticipate needs and take initiative. The Campus Administrator will need to be task-focused yet relational in order to get everything done while representing Menlo Church in person, over the phone, and via email.
Seasons of change and transition can be difficult for some people, but that’s exactly where Menlo Church is right now. We are looking for a professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment, can take direction from multiple people, stays on top of projects and deadlines, and manages time well. Our ideal candidate will be gifted in administration, demonstrate high emotional intelligence, and be able to handle unexpected changes and conflict with grace. At Menlo Church, our staff is a team of humble, hopeful, and gritty Jesus-followers who do what we do so that people can find and follow Jesus.
- Work as a cohesive unit with our Mountain View staff.
- General Administrative Duties: answer phones, handle correspondence, order supplies, file, and coordinate calendars.
- Facilities Administration: Supervise Tear Down & Set Up Coordinator, work with First Presbyterian Church and preschool, handle vendor relationship with gardening and janitorial services, and coordinate all repair and maintenance needs with our Central Facilities team.
- Serve as the primary liaison between the Campus and the Marketing & Communications Team to write and or edit communication for our Mountain View team, including campus newsletters, signage, website, and social media.
- Regularly meet with Campus Administrators from other locations to collaborate, support one another, and own ad hoc projects.
- Coordinate and support campus staff to plan and execute events and services to reach our neighborhood (weekly worship, Easter, Serve Your City, Christmas Eve, and special drive-through events).
- Assist the Campus Pastor with all administrative tasks, including managing calendars, scheduling meetings, assisting with the budget, processing invoices and other paperwork for Finance, and fielding questions and routing communications to the appropriate person.
- Manage purchasing and ordering of ministry supplies for the campus as needed.
- Ensure Planning Center (PCO) is up to date and accurate. Serve as PCO resource and support for Mountain View staff.
- Manage multiple projects, prioritize tasks, and stay on top of deadlines.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships by actively living out and championing our staff values of being humble, hopeful, and gritty.
- Additional duties and special projects as assigned by the Campus Pastor, Mountain View.
PLEASE NOTE: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Minimum 2 years’ experience working in administrative field
· Demonstrated project management acumen
Preferred Education and Experience
· College Degree (AA or BA)
· Experience in customer service field
· Experience with event planning
· Supervisory experience
· Familiarity with Menlo Church
Knowledge and Skills
· High Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
· Strong administrative and time management skills
· Type 45+ CWPM
· Proficiency with common office applications and collaboration tools, including Zoom and MS 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Teams)
· Ability to learn new software and programs
· Professional written and oral communication
· Basic understanding of budgets and expense reports
· Project management
· Positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
· Comfortable working with social media platforms such as FB and Instagram
· This job typically operates in a professional office or church environment with standard office equipment such as computers, printers, filing cabinets, and telephones
· During COVID, this position is primarily working remotely
· This position will typically work 25 hours per week, depending on ministry needs
· Days and hours of work are generally business hours M-F, with an occasional evening or weekend as needed
Menlo Church Spiritual Requirements
· Must have an intimate, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
· Must be a committed disciple of Christ and committed to serving God and the body of Christ
· Must have compatible theology in alignment with ECO essential tenets
· Must be pursuing or active in a community of believers who can speak truth into your life