About the job
Position Title: IT Director
Department / Location: Operations-IT / Central
Supervisor: Senior Director, Finance & Operations
Direct Reports: Ministry Application Support Director & Ministry Planning Center Administrator
Classification: Regular / Full time / Exempt
Menlo is a multisite church in the San Francisco Bay area and a member of ECO: A Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians. Our IT Department currently supports our central operations and five campuses throughout the Peninsula and South Bay. The IT Director provides leadership, contributes to the strategic direction of our church, and oversees the day-to-day operations related to Information Technology. While COVID has dramatically impacted how we do ministry, one thing is clear. Our IT needs are just as important, if not more so now that many people are engaging with us online. The IT Director needs to have a strong collaborative nature and be able to work effectively in a matrix organization. You will report to the Senior Director of Finance & Operations and oversee the IT Team. In addition, the IT Director will serve on the Extended Leadership Team working with stakeholders across the organization. The IT Director is a part of the Operations Team where everyone is welcome, nobody’s perfect, and anything’s possible.
The IT Director will bring expertise, strong project management skills, and be committed to our mission to help people find and follow Jesus. The IT Director will need to have a servant’s heart and can-do attitude. You will work behind the scenes and provide outstanding customer service to all stakeholders so they can focus on their ministries. The IT Director manages our outsourced IT vendor relationship and prioritizes the day-to-day needs of our employees, teams, and locations. The IT Director will work with the Director of Facilities and Senior Director of Finance & Operations on risk management and security issues.
Working in a church is very different than working in the corporate world. A successful candidate will feel called to serve in ministry, choosing to use his or her gifts, education, and expertise to serve the kingdom of God. Our IT Director will need to be a strong communicator, explaining concepts in clear and understandable ways for people who have a wide range of familiarity, comfort, or understanding of technology. The IT Director will take initiative and recommend changes to improve efficiency and save the ministry money. Our ideal candidate will understand the big picture and manage the minute details, be willing to do whatever it takes to support our teams, and handle change and conflict in a Christ-like manner. At Menlo Church, our staff is a team of humble, hopeful, and gritty Jesus-followers who do what we do so that people can find and follow Jesus.
- Work as a cohesive unit with our Operations Team and other stakeholders.
- Establish, clarify, and champion the IT vision for Menlo Church and provide directional leadership for the ministries. Build relationships with Campus Pastors and ELT to ensure alignment and teamwork across locations and departments.
- Analyze business and ministry needs and recommend technical solutions with an eye on strategic growth and ministry empowerment.
- Review and enhance processes for efficiency. Identify gaps in resources and teams and identify outside services and solutions as needed.
- Drive projects forward to completion while delivering consistent, professional IT serves to the entire organization.
- Manage and lead IT staff; set SMART goals and create a pathway to achieve results, meet 1-on-1 weekly or biweekly with your team members to coach, develop, hold accountable, and invest in each other, both in their leadership and discipleship.
- Manage outsourced IT services with vendors, prioritizing day-to-day tasks and ensuring they are providing outstanding customer service to all stakeholders.
- Manage IT contracts, lease agreements, and all service level agreements.
- Manage compliance and audit requirements as required.
- Manage risk and develop plans to mitigate impact on ministry operations.
- Provide outstanding customer service to guests and ministry partners by answering questions, communicating with clear priorities, making roles and responsibilities explicit, creating clear connections across departments, and removing barriers to enable smooth running operations.
- Work with Facilities Director and Senior Director of Finance & Operations on risk management and security to mitigate impact on ministry operations.
- Work closely with HR & Finance to define and implement software applications utilizing IT best practices.
- Manage IT budget and capital expenditures with an eye on stewardship.
- Provide on-call support as needed.
- Manage multiple projects, prioritize tasks, and intelligently delegate.
- Stay on top of current and relevant technology and trends with an eye on continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships by actively living out and championing our staff values of teamwork and being humble, hopeful, and gritty.
- Additional duties and special projects as assigned by the Senior Director of Finance & Operations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or relevant degree
- Minimum of 10-years’ relevant IT operational experience
- High speed, fiber network, and telecommunications experience
- Website security, launch, maintenance, & content delivery experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s degree preferred
- Experience managing and leading a team
- Security & compliance experience preferred
- PMP and or ITIL certification a plus
- Experience working in a matrix organization
- Experience working in a church environment
- Familiarity with Menlo Church and its ministries
- Experience negotiating contracts a plus
Knowledge and Skills
- Hands-on technical leader
- High Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Team player and team builder with a focus on the vision of the whole church
- Passionate about delivering best IT experience & customer service focused
- Desktop & server virtualization
- Cloud-based implementation & strategies
- Strong communication & presentation skills-able to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms
- Strong administration, organization, & attention to details
- Outstanding time management skills & ability to balance deliverables
- Strong collaborator
- Problem solver able to make decisions
- Intellectual curiosity to drive improvements
- Stand or sit for prolonged amounts of time
- Walk, bend, twist, and kneel
- Finger and hand dexterity to operate computer and office equipment
- Ability to walk up and down stairs
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision; depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- This job typically operates in a professional office or church setting with standard office equipment such as computers, printers, filing cabinets, and telephones
- This position will regularly work in crowded spaces that are filled with servers, cables, heavy equipment, boxes, and hardware
- This position will typically work business hours M-F with evenings or weekends as needed
- The person serving in this capacity must live nearby to easily visit all locations on a regular basis and be available on short notice for emergencies