About the job
Position Title: Facilities Specialist
Department: General / Central
Manager: Facilities Manager
Direct Reports: n/a
Classification: Regular / Full time / Non-Exempt
Menlo is a multisite church in the San Francisco Bay area and a member of ECO: A Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians. We have six locations throughout the Peninsula and South Bay, and our Facilities Team plays a critical role in the overall customer experience for staff, volunteers, and congregants. We are currently looking to add two members to our team. The Facilities Specialists work as a cohesive unit to support all our campuses and ministries. Under the management of the Facilities Manager, our team ensures all the church’s owned and leased buildings and grounds are properly maintained and provide the best experience possible to those stepping onto any of our properties. All our locations comprise one church where everyone is welcome, nobody’s perfect, and anything’s possible.
While our team predominantly works behind the scenes, evidence of their service is seen everywhere. The Facilities Team provides care, maintenance, and upkeep for all our properties. Every member of our team has a servant’s heart and works collaboratively with the staff to do whatever is needed to support our ministries. The Facilities Specialists prepare the sanctuaries, classrooms, and meeting spaces for Sunday worship and gatherings throughout the week. They ensure resources are properly cleaned, reset, and staged for the next events. Our team assists with janitorial duties, grounds maintenance, and building repairs and maintenance.
The Facilities Specialist will need to be able to work independently and with others, always keeping safety a top priority. We are looking for a Facilities Specialist who can thrive in a fast-paced environment, take direction from multiple people, and manage time well. Our ideal candidate will enjoy working in quiet and unseen ways, have a servant’s heart, and be committed to providing outstanding customer service. At Menlo Church, our staff is a team of humble, hopeful, and gritty Jesus-followers who do what we do so that people can find and follow Jesus.
1. Access Planning Center Online (PCO) to determine when and where events are taking place.
2. Ensure locations for events are prepared to the requestor’s specifications.
3. Post event, ensure resources are properly cleaned, reset, and staged for the next event.
4. Assist as needed with janitorial duties, including mopping, vacuuming, spot cleaning, and trash removal.
5. Work on the grounds, including cleaning up the parking lot, sweeping, blowing leaves, and power washing entrances and walkways.
6. Work on building maintenance and repairs, including but not limited to window washing, repair and patching holes, touching up paint, replacing lightbulbs, and polishing floors.
7. Assist with preventative, corrective, and emergency maintenance projects.
8. Practice safe work habits in compliance with CalOSHA.
9. Model and help enforce COVID-19 safety protocols.
10. Report all safety concerns or known violations to the Facilities Manager.
11. Provide outstanding customer service by responding in a timely manner to requests for event information and changes to event specifications and resources.
12. Develop and maintain positive working relationships by actively living out and championing our staff values of being humble, hopeful, and gritty.
13. Additional duties and special projects as assigned by the Facilities Manager.
PLEASE NOTE: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Must have valid CA driver’s license with a clean record
Preferred Education and Experience
· Facilities maintenance or repair experience
· Experience working in the Customer Service industry
· Demonstrated ability working in a team environment
· Experience using common power tools such as drills, circular and chop saws, & orbital sander
Knowledge and Skills
· Spiritual gifts of service and hospitality
· Positive and enthusiastic attitude
· Team player willing to do whatever is needed
· Professional and courteous demeanor
· Intermediate computer skills to use common office applications such as Outlook, Word, & Teams
· Able to learn new programs and applications such as PCO
· Clear communication skills, both oral and written
· Stand for prolonged amounts of time
· Walk, bend, twist, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
· Push 100 pounds
· Lift and carry 50 pounds
· Finger and hand dexterity to feel, handle, and operate objects, tools, or controls, and to reach with hands and arms
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision; depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
· Must be able to work cooperatively and safely
· This position regularly works outdoors and will be exposed to a variety of weather conditions, including heat, cold, and rain
· This job also operates inside a church and classroom environment with standard office equipment such as computers, printers, filing cabinets, and telephones
· This position occasionally works on wet, slippery floors and surfaces and is exposed to chemicals and cleaning products
· Days and hours of work vary depending on ministry needs
Menlo Church Spiritual Requirements
· Must have an intimate, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
· Must be a committed disciple of Christ and committed to serving God and the body of Christ
· Must have compatible theology in alignment with ECO essential tenets
· Must be pursuing or active in a community of believers who can speak truth into your life