About the job
Position Title: Central Kids Resource Coordinator
Department: Children’s Ministries-General / Central
Supervisor: Central Kids Director
Direct Reports: n/a
Classification: Regular / Full time / Non-Exempt
Menlo Church is a multisite church in the San Francisco Bay area and a member of ECO: A Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians. The Central Kids Resource Coordinator provides support for all of our locations throughout the Peninsula and South Bay. The Central Kids Resource Coordinator needs to have a strong collaborative nature and be able to work in a matrix organization. You’ll work closely with our Curriculum Specialist and report directly to the Central Kids Director. In addition, you’ll collaborate with the rest of the Central Kids Team and provide logistical support to the Menlo Kids staff from every campus. All of our locations comprise one church where everyone is welcome, nobody’s perfect, and anything’s possible.
Our Menlo Kids programming provides age-appropriate lessons and experiences to help children know and love Jesus. The Central Kids Resource Coordinator provides essential support necessary to run a multisite model of Kids’ ministry for children ranging from infancy through fifth grade. The Curriculum Specialist will give you a list of needed supplies for each age group at each campus months in advance. You will then order, prepare, and distribute supplies for Sunday morning programming, always staying on top of the materials we cycle through from our resource room. When you make sure the supplies are ready, our Menlo Kids campus staff can focus on building and training volunteer teams and ministering to kids and their families.
We are looking for someone with the administrative and organizational skills necessary to ensure our supply room is well-stocked, materials are ordered in advance, and all manipulatives and consumables are prepped, distributed, and ready for use. If you have a servant’s heart and enjoy working behind the scenes to make things happen, this might be a good fit for you. Part of your time will be spent working in isolation as you check spreadsheets, track supplies, and research deals online. You will also need to have the communication and interpersonal skills necessary to lead a team of volunteers. Our ideal candidate will be a good steward, care about the little details, and has a heart for developing volunteers. At Menlo Church, our staff is a team of humble, hopeful, and gritty Jesus-followers who do what we do so that people can find and follow Jesus.
1. Work as a cohesive unit with our Central Kids Team.
2. Collaborate with the Menlo Kids Directors and Associate Directors from each campus.
3. Order all supplies and make copies of scripts and leader guides; collate, organize, and prepare materials for distribution.
4. Communicate in a clear and timely manner regarding distribution schedules and any special requests with the campus teams and the Communications Coordinator.
5. Evaluate current systems and adjust processes to improve accuracy and efficiency.
6. Responsible for maintaining inventory supplies.
7. Research vendors, negotiate prices, place orders, and process paperwork in Concur.
8. Recruit, train, develop, and schedule volunteers using PCO.
9. Manage multiple projects, prioritize tasks, and intelligently delegate.
10. Develop and maintain positive working relationships by actively living out and championing our staff values of being humble, hopeful, and gritty.
11. Additional duties and special projects as assigned by the Central Kids Director.
PLEASE NOTE: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience
· High school diploma or equivalency
Preferred Education and Experience
· College degree
· Experience serving in children’s ministry as a volunteer or staff
· Experience recruiting, training, and developing volunteers
Knowledge and Skills
· Positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
· Strong written and spoken communication skills
· Team player and team builder
· Proficiency with common office applications and collaboration tools, including Zoom, Leadr, and MS 365 (Word, Outlook, Excel, & Teams)
· Planning Center Online (PCO)
· Adobe Acrobat
· Stand or sit for prolonged amounts of time
· Walk, bend, twist, kneel, crouch, and reach
· Climb up and down stairs
· Finger and hand dexterity to operate computer, office equipment, and manipulate small objects
· Eye hand coordination
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision; depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
· Lift and carry up to 20 pounds with or without assistance
· This job typically operates in a professional office or church environment with standard office equipment such as computers, printers, filing cabinets, and telephones
· Days and hours of work are generally business hours Monday-Friday with an occasional evening or weekend as needed
Menlo Church Spiritual Requirements
· Must have an intimate, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
· Must be a committed disciple of Christ and committed to serving God and the body of Christ
· Must have compatible theology in alignment with ECO essential tenets
· Must be pursuing or active in a community of believers who can speak truth into your life