About the job
Position Title: Temporary Central Students Coordinator
Department: HS Students Ministries-General / Central
Supervisor: Central Students Director
Direct Reports: n/a
Classification: Temporary / Full time / Non-Exempt
Menlo Church is a multisite church in the San Francisco Bay area and a member of ECO: A Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians. We are in immediate need of a Temporary Central Students Coordinator to provide support while the incumbent is on maternity leave. We anticipate needing this temporary position filled for four weeks, but it is possible the length of time may be longer. The Temporary Central Students Coordinator provides support for all our locations throughout the Peninsula and South Bay. The Coordinator needs to have a strong collaborative nature and be able to work in a matrix organization. You’ll report directly to the Central Students Director, collaborate with the rest of the Central Students Team, and provide logistical support to the students’ staff from every campus. All of our locations comprise one church where everyone is welcome, nobody’s perfect, and anything’s possible.
The Central Students Coordinator provides essential support necessary to run a multisite model of Students’ ministry for middle and high school students. The Central Students Coordinator supports our online programming and operations for volunteer training, ongoing programs, and events. The Central Students Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring all our sites have the necessary supplies for their programming each week. You will order, prepare, and distribute supplies, always staying on top of the materials we cycle through from our resource room. When you make sure the supplies are ready, our campus staff can focus on building and training volunteer teams and ministering to students. The Central Students Coordinator will help represent Menlo Church Student programming on social media, monitoring pages and tracking metrics. Another aspect of the coordinator’s position is to plan and execute special events for the Students Ministry.
We are looking for someone with the administrative and organizational skills necessary to ensure all logistical details are handled so that our programming efficiently serves our middle and high school students. If you have a servant’s heart and enjoy working behind the scenes to make things happen, this might be a good fit for you. Part of your time will be spent working in isolation as you check spreadsheets, track supplies, and research deals online. You will also need to have the communication and interpersonal skills necessary to support staff and volunteers. Our ideal candidate will be a good steward, care about the little details, and has a heart for Student Ministries. At Menlo Church, our staff is a team of humble, hopeful, and gritty Jesus-followers who do what we do so that people can find and follow Jesus.
- Work as a cohesive unit with our Central Students Team.
- Collaborate with the Directors and Associate Directors of Student Ministries from each campus,
- Coordinate the structural aspects of the volunteer process, including onboarding workflow, volunteer handbook, and background checks.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of an in-person and online volunteer training plan to support and equip all life group leaders.
- Organize Student Leadership content and curriculum.
3. Responsible for maintaining inventory and supplies. Research vendors, negotiate prices, place orders, and organize materials.
4. Schedule the delivery of supplies to campuses. Communicate in a clear and timely manner regarding distribution schedules and any special requests with the campus teams and the Communications Coordinator.
5. Oversee operational aspects of student trips and events from start (registration) to finish (debriefs and final paperwork).
6. Responsible for the safety of all students, ensuring adult leaders are screened, participate in mandated training, and maintain healing boundaries.
7. Work with the Finance Department in a timely manner to coordinate Student Ministry needs such as check requests, scholarships, and journal transfers.
8. Manage the Students YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook pages, tracking relevant metrics and providing reports.
9. Facilitate clear and consistent communication to appropriate staff regarding weekly service plans.
10. Ensure needed program resources are available, including purchasing supplies and creating additional graphics as needed.
11. Manage multiple projects, prioritize tasks, and intelligently delegate.
12. Develop and maintain positive working relationships by actively living out and championing our staff values of being humble, hopeful, and gritty.
13. Additional duties and special projects as assigned by the Central Kids Director.
PLEASE NOTE: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience
· High school diploma or equivalency
· Some college coursework
· Demonstrated experience managing projects from conception through execution
Preferred Education and Experience
· Experience working in a church with multiple locations
· Experience serving in Students Ministry as a volunteer or staff
· Familiarity with Menlo Church
· College degree
Knowledge and Skills
· Knowledgeable about student/youth ministry best practices
· Positive attitude and a can-do attitude
· Strong written and spoken communication skills
· Experience with Facebook, Instagram, and other social media platforms
· Proficiency with common office applications and collaboration tools, including Zoom, Leadr, and MS 365 (Word, Outlook, Excel, & Teams)
· Strong project management skills
· Highly organized and able to manage information and details well
· Stand or sit for prolonged amounts of time
· Walk, bend, twist, kneel, crouch, and reach
· Climb up and down stairs
· Finger and hand dexterity to operate computer, office equipment, and manipulate small objects
· Eye hand coordination
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision; depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
· Lift and carry up to 20 pounds with or without assistance
· This job typically operates in a professional office or church environment with standard office equipment such as computers, printers, filing cabinets, and telephones
· Days and hours of work are generally business hours Monday-Friday with an occasional evening or weekend as needed
Menlo Church Spiritual Requirements
· Must have an intimate, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
· Must be a committed disciple of Christ and committed to serving God and the body of Christ
· Must have compatible theology in alignment with ECO essential tenets
· Must be pursuing or active in a community of believers who can speak truth into your life