About the job
>> Click HERE to apply! <<
Meet Melrose Community Church:
Melrose Community Church initially met as a Sunday school affiliated with American Sunday School Union. In 1953, a vote was taken to incorporate Melrose Union Sunday School into Melrose Community Church.
A new building was constructed for the new congregation in 1954. Other buildings were added as the congregation grew and prospered. The facilities have been continually updated through the years as the attendance has grown.
From its inception, Melrose Community Church has been affiliated with Independent Fundamental Churches of America (IFCA) and later with Northwest Independent Church Extension (NICE).
Over its history, the church has had eight faithful pastors. Their present pastor, Mike Ruyle, has been at Melrose Community Church since late 2000.
Through the years, what has not changed is Melrose Community Church's commitment to glorifying God, shining the light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in Melrose and the world, and disciplining believers through expository preaching and the warm fellowship unique to a rural community of believers.
About the Senior Pastor:
Melrose Community Church is seeking a Senior Pastor who is a spiritually mature leader and has a vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ. He must have demonstrated ability in effectively communicating the Word of God through a solid Biblically-based expository preaching ministry and a passion to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
As Senior Pastor, the ideal candidate will be a visionary leader and possess the ability to oversee the direction and mission of the Melrose Community Church. He will be a highly relational leader and possess proven skills in shepherding people, mentoring staff and ministry leaders, and working collaboratively with church leadership.
Primary Job Duties:
- Preaching/Teaching: Preparation and delivery of weekly expository sermons and other teaching opportunities as needed.
- Prayer: Exemplify a life of prayer for personal and corporate spiritual vitality.
- Leadership Training: Involvement in discipleship and leadership development.
- Administration: In conjunction with the Council of Overseers, provide general church leadership, direction, and vision, working to carry out the mission of
- Melrose Community Church.
- Ministry to individuals: Involved in personal ministry to individuals for the purpose of evangelism and encouragement including performing weddings, funerals, and baptisms.
- Pastoral Staff Supervision: Direct supervisory responsibilities for the Youth Pastor/Director of Music and any additional pastoral staff.
- He will provide leadership for discipling, nurturing, and instructing believers in the faith.
- The Senior Pastor will inspire, equip, and mentor others.
- The Senior Pastor is an ex-officio member of the Council of Overseers with voting privileges.
Associated Job Duties
- Ex-officio member of all boards and standing committees, and counselor of all departments.
- Other ministries in connection with giftedness and abilities.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s or higher degree in an area of Biblical study. A seminary degree is preferred.
He will have at least 4 years of general ministry work with a demonstrated capacity for teaching, expository preaching, counseling, discipleship, evangelism, and visitation. Prior Senior Pastor experience is preferred.
- Demonstrates a clear testimony of faith and a passionate devotion to Jesus Christ and His Church.
- Exemplifies Biblical leadership qualities as found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
- Maintains a strong devotional life of worship, prayer, and personal study of God’s Word.
- Promotes and teaches a lifestyle of adherence to Biblical standards of morality, ethics, and the pursuit of Christ-like character.
- Exercises a spirit of humility, compassion, empathy, wisdom, integrity, and unity.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills, capable of relating to a diversity of ages and demographics, for the fostering of trust, organizational excellence, and missional accomplishment.
- Lives and leads from a servant’s heart.
What it's Like to Live in Roseburg, Oregon:
The Melrose area is a large valley bordered by the South Umpqua River and the Callahan Mountains. The valley is home to approximately 6,800 residents. The community of Melrose consists of a combination of old homesteaded farms and ranches along with newer subdivisions.
Melrose is located approximately 5 miles west of Roseburg, OR. Roseburg, the county seat for Douglas County, is a community with a population of approximately 24,000 people within the city limits. It is located in scenic southwestern Oregon, 125 freeway miles north of the California border and 80 highway miles east of the Pacific Ocean.
Melrose is nestled in a region of southern Oregon known as the Hundred Valleys of the Umpqua, renowned for the natural beauty of mountains, lakes, and rivers. Along with some of the greatest forestland in the US, the region is blessed with both livestock farm holdings and verdant agricultural farmland. Popular attractions include the Umpqua River, world-famous Crater Lake National Park, and Diamond Lake.
Outdoor recreation including camping, hiking, hunting, and fishing are popular in this portion of Oregon.
>> Click HERE to apply! <<