About the job
Christian retreat ministry Meadowkirk at Delta Farm (www.meadowkirk.org) is seeking an experienced Cook (sous-chef level) to help supervise and participate in our full-service kitchen operation.
Meadowkirk is 358 acres of pastoral and wooded nature serving as a place of respite, recreation and renewal for the many church groups, nonprofits, educational organizations, businesses and others we serve. Among this key team member’s responsibilities will be the ability to help ensure a consistently premier retreat dining experience that spans family-style, buffet, grab-and-go and special event formats, and incorporates our evolving farm-to-table operation.
The position can involve full- and part-time commitments. On-site staff housing is a significant option. The ideal candidate will be available to participate in a flexible work schedule involving mostly weekend meal service as well as weekday meal prep and meal service assignments. This schedule will be determined in collaboration with other team members and based on Meadowkirk’s dining services requirements.
Working collaboratively with Meadowkirk’s chefs/kitchen team and hospitality staff the Cook will:
· Prepare and serve a full array of breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack time meals and appetizers.
· Serve as a primary cook (typically at least two meals per day during a three-meal cycle).
· Help develop/refine seasonal menus (not a la carte), pricing and sourcing – including the incorporation of Meadowkirk’s evolving farm-to-table elements and partnerships with regional farms/other food service-related organizations – to exceed guest expectations and enable a cost-efficient kitchen operation.
· Coordinate/receive food service deliveries, maintaining strong storage and inventory controls.
· Assist with set up, clean up, dish washing and removing garbage from kitchen areas.
· Meet and exceed procedures required by the health department and Meadowkirk’s food services operation, maintaining the highest kitchen quality, safety and cleanliness standards and food handling protocols.
· Have a strong sense of taste and smell, excellent hand and finger dexterity (including superior knife skills), and a clear understanding of weights and measures.
· Interact with team members, guests and vendors, being welcoming and accommodating.
Candidates will have min. 1-3 years of relevant experience in busy restaurant or other food-service settings – and a heart for Meadowkirk’s mission and distinctive focus on retreat, respite, renewal and Christian rest. ServSafe certification a plus.
Compensation commensurate with experience and based on factors such as full-/part-time status and use of on-site staff housing.
Also required: strong verifiable work references, high school diploma, proof of U.S. citizenship, valid driver’s license, strong verifiable work references and satisfactory background check.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/3665