High School Discipleship Director at Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church
About the job
Position Description: The person in this position will work with the Youth Ministries Director, youth staff, and volunteer youth leaders to cultivate a community that values relationships, longs to be transformed by Jesus Christ, and seeks to live as people sent by God.
The person in this position will provide principle leadership and vision for the discipleship, teaching, and leadership efforts for the high school ministry.
This leader will build Christcentered relationships with students, parents, and volunteer youth leaders through the following ministry areas:
- Discipleship Ministry:
- Foster a culture in the high school community where discipleship and transformation are prioritized;
- Plan, develop, and coordinate the high school small group Bible studies and discipleship groups;
- Assist students in cultivating a lifestyle of personal discipleship and equipping students with the tools to study the Bible and grow in their faith;
- Develop a relational ministry with students.
- Teaching Ministry:
- Plan and develop large group Sunday morning teaching ministry that is rooted in the Bible;
- See to it that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is proclaimed to students with grace and love;
- Foster a passion among students to share the good news of the Kingdom with others.
- Leadership Ministry:
- Provide vision and leadership in the high school ministry for parents and volunteer leaders; serve as primary contact for the high school ministry.
- Integrate high school students into life and leadership of the church;
- Recruit, train, and supervise high school interns .
- Utilization of Volunteers:
- Recruit, train, support, and equip small group leaders and Sunday morning teachers for high school ministry;
- Serve as the point person for high school volunteer leaders and parents; Yth HS Disc Dir 7/19/2023
- Contributory role in selecting, training, and providing work direction for approximately 25 adult volunteers
- Team ministry:
- Work collaboratively with the High School Outreach Director and participate in campus, fellowship, and mission efforts as needed;
- Along with other members of the Youth Staff, will plan and implement large events, retreats, and mission trips;
- Work cohesively with the Youth Ministries Director and the youth staff in carrying out the mission of Christ’s church, MDPC Youth Ministry, and MDPC;
- Pray regularly for students, leaders, and parents.
- Financial Accountability (not including payroll):
- Manage the budget for high school discipleship, teaching, and leadership programs (approximately $12,000)
• A BS or BA from an accredited college or university preferably in a field related to
ministry (i.e Theology, Christian education, Youth ministry etc)
• A minimum of three years of youth-related ministry experience
• A sincere love for youth and a desire to share the message of Jesus Christ with them
• A willingness to have fun and an ability to connect to students
• Proven skill and experience in creating, organizing, and administering curriculum and
teaching groups of youth
• A contagious faith and an active life of Christian discipleship that is modeled in an
authentic way to youth
Other Requirements or Special Conditions:
• A strong knowledge of the Bible
• An understanding of the complexity of youth culture and group and family dynamics
• An ability to work effectively as part of a team and in a large church environment
• Ability to facilitate small group discussion and teach in large group settings
• Confidence to enter into “students’ domain”
• An ability to inspire, support, and mentor students and adult volunteers
Expectations of All MDPC Employees:
• A personal and growing commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord;
• A commitment to the authority of Scripture and to a lifestyle of Christian holiness;
• A willingness to work within the framework of the church’s polity and procedures;
• A willing heart, teachable spirit and positive attitude;
• A team ministry commitment which places the good of the whole over individual goals;
• An ability to work collaboratively with staff and volunteers
• A professional approach and appearance;
• Integrity, humility, flexibility, and a sense of humor;
• A passion for excellence for the glory of God.