About the job
Mariners Church is a biblically-centered, non-denominational church located in Southern California focused on inspiring people to follow Jesus and fearlessly change the world. Mariners is listed as one of the top 20 largest churches in America by Outreach Magazine. We are a community of ordinary people from all walks of life courageously trusting God to do the extraordinary. Simply put, we trust God to do what we can’t—heal, transform, renew, forgive, provide and sustain. Through the redemption story of each believer, God is glorified, lives are changed and communities are impacted in a significant way. Come and be part of a new season of growth as Mariners Church responds to God’s call in launching new congregations.
Work in collaboration with the Lead Pastor, Director, and Associate Director to help students follow Jesus and fearlessly change the world. Join in owning the key aspects of the Transformational Loop for this ministry area. The Youth Ministry Coordinator will provide leadership to all volunteers and interns. The Coordinator will be relied on for decision-making, alignment with Mariners vision and strategy, volunteer and staff development, and ministry execution. The Coordinator will also lend personal experience and counsel where needed in Youth ministry.
- Leadership: Shepherd and inspire students, families, and volunteers to be fully devoted followers of Jesus; teach and lead in small and large group settings for weekend and midweek programs.
- Volunteer Mobilization: Recruit, develop, and care for student and adult volunteers, ensuring they are equipped to effectively minister to junior high students.
- Discipleship: Create and maintain systems for students to integrate into the ministry along the discipleship pathway (Follow Jesus, Grow Together, Serve One Another, Change the World).
- Communication: Effectively communicate and collaborate with staff, volunteers, students, families, and ministry partners.
- Stewardship & Events: Utilize ministry resources (budget, database, programs) for the execution of events, Life Groups, camps, and Outreach opportunities that facilitate spiritual development.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred (Christian Education, Youth Ministry, etc.).
- 1-3 years of experience working with students in a church or ministry setting.
- Ability to work comfortably within Google Suite.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
All Mariners Church Staff:
- Love Jesus and call themselves Christians.
- Embrace a high biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
- Agree to and adhere to the church's statement of faith and leadership commitment.
- Attend Mariners Church.